Libraries are empty on startup
I have an issue with one of my XBMC HTPC's attached to my LAN via WiFi, whereby it occasionally loses connection to the LAN for whatever reason. I am aware it is an issue, and will be building a new HTPC to see if the problem still exists (and therefore, is an issue with either the location, the router, or something else) or if the problem goes away (and therefore, is an issue with the HTPC itself.)

Here is my problem, however. I have a very extensive video and music library (which I assume most of us here do) and whenever it loses connection, if I start XBMC, my libraries are empty, and I have to go through and reconfigure them. The interesting part is, it still shows the sources, but the contents within appear as "nothing", as opposed to "Movies", "TV Shows", etc. etc. I actually have to go in, reset them, and then rescan the locations for content, which is time consuming.

Interestingly enough, I thought it would rescan them itself, but because it loses the specifications of each media directory, it doesn't. I do know that this didn't always happen. I can't say that it was definitely 10.0 that changed, but it might have been.

Would updating the "advancedsettings.xml" file help? I'm guessing no, since the configs change. Anyone have any ideasHuh
You don't have 'Clean Library on Start' enabled do you?
Hitcher Wrote:You don't have 'Clean Library on Start' enabled do you?

Oh, I'll bet I do. (It's in the configuration settings I was talking about earlier, isn't it?). If I don't set that flag, will it still automatically add media on startup, or do I need to set it up in the advancedsettings.xml? If I do, will it not act the same?
Clean library = remove what can't be found. Scan library = add what wasn't there. Smile
-stoli-
Hitcher Wrote:You don't have 'Clean Library on Start' enabled do you?

stoli Wrote:Clean library = remove what can't be found. Scan library = add what wasn't there. Smile

I stand corrected!! I just checked and AHA! I DID have the <cleanonupdate> setup in an "advancedsettings.xml" file!! (I feel dumb. Someone delete this thread.)

(oops)

Thanks to everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libraries are empty on startup0