remote +winlirc
so guys..this is my problem..or not..i cant find the answer ..

first of all...sry for my english ...

so...i use xbmc on my tv on win7 pc. i use winlirc+girder+serial receiver
as a remote and it works great...my problems is that no one else can use
my computer because for example when i press "ok" button on my remote
my receiver tell the computer (on girder) to press "F5" which in the keymaps of the xbmc is the action for "go to movies libraries" ...so ...is there any way
to use my remote while the pc is occupied by someone else... i mean when i press a remote button i want that the action only goes for xbmc not any programs...i dont know if you guys understand me ...Nerd

i used for a while the android remote and seemed to work that way...i mean i can use the android remote for xbmc and in the same time someone use the computer for anythingelse..

soHuh its that possible with the winlirc + serial deviceHuh

thx guys...great piece of software..great news with sigma..i cant wait for a box with xbmc inside and qwerty remote like boxee...oh my ... sure i will buy such a box
The way most people do this is to use Eventghost to handle the remote. Eventghost can be configured to pass signals from the remote to XBMC even when XBMC doesn't have the focus.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The way most people do this is to use Eventghost to handle the remote. Eventghost can be configured to pass signals from the remote to XBMC even when XBMC doesn't have the focus.

JR

i wil give it a try this night....thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote +winlirc0