[RELEASE] Disk Mount Addon (for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux)
Quote:Hello,
I have a xbmc-live (Dharma) installed in a USB stick using the install addon.
As a live, version it doesn't automount hdd, so I tried the disk mount addon. I installed it and when I ran the addon, I selected the temporally option.
I tried to exit the addon but it stayed in the screen no matter what I did, so I hard reset the pc, and now it doesn't run It cycles after the first xbmc splash screen.
What can I do?
Thanks you all

I am sorry you are having problem, it is an early version.
However, the temporary mount does not change anything in the system so it should not be related to that.
The only suggestion I have is that I did get a similar problem with an add-on when a xml file was corrupt and I had to remove it manually. Most likely this is not your problem, if I have to guess it is unrelated.
vikjon0 Wrote:I am sorry you are having problem, it is an early version.
However, the temporary mount does not change anything in the system so it should not be related to that.
The only suggestion I have is that I did get a similar problem with an add-on when a xml file was corrupt and I had to remove it manually. Most likely this is not your problem, if I have to guess it is unrelated.

First of all, thank you for the support.
I'm only trying not to reinstall, but I have to do , I will do without problems, so don't worryBig Grin
I don't know what can I do, it seems to be failing in the graphics part as it restarts the screen before the splash with the progress dots.
It's able to start in safe mode and I get the command line, but after that I don't know how to find the problem.
I am almost sure the problem is not the mounting, if it is related I think it is the add-on it self. Like I said, I manage to kill xbmc with a corrupt add-on.

Can you get console be pressing CTRL ALT F1? If so your best bet is to try to delete the add-on and restart.

Something like
rm -r ~/.xbmc/addons/script.linux.diskmount

I cant check the path right now, I am not at home.
I can test more tomorrow.
To avoid confusion in the future:

Quote:p = os.popen("dpkg -L xbmc-live")

Does not run in xbmc-python (xbmc 10). It falls over, I guess due to python version. I need to find a way to test with the correct version.

Unless better advice comes along I will write (i.e steal code) a wrapper for the method used in boot wizard.
just take my code entirely and you will be fine Smile
sorry for cross posting this...I just know how frustrating it is to pick up a non-working piece of code from an old thread without correction.

Quote:just take my code entirely and you will be fine

I will probably do that later, I need to have better control of the processing. For now I got another tip. Thank you Amet.

This will get me back on track for now:

Quote:def check_installed():
from popen2 import Popen3

(stdin, stdout, stderr) = os.popen3("dpkg -l")#, mode, bufsize)
s = stdout.read()

if s.find("wicd-curses") == -1:
return False
else:
return True
return False
I have made a new version. Perhaps it can be accepted into rep?

I have added a number of tests.

1) Is it live? Test on exist /live/boot/grub/grub.cfg. If exist, deal with this file instead of normal default/grub
2) Is this a xbmc-live based installation? Test xbmc-live found in dpkg -l AND exist runXBMC. If not xbmc-live => abort.
Double test because the package name stays in dpkg if xbmc-live have been installed, removed but not purged. It would be possible to analyze the status in more detail but this should be fine.

New version found here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17892827/xbmc/sc...-0.0.3.zip
I have submited a new version.
It is improved in a number of ways.

Install this repo
http://github.com/vikjon0/qf-xbmc-addons...addons.zip

or only this add-on (no updates this way)
https://github.com/downloads/vikjon0/qf-...-0.0.4.zip
hi will there be a verison for xbmc eden?
Quote:hi will there be a verison for xbmc eden?
It was never approved for the repository. I didnt know that anyone used it.

Let see how Live Eden looks and how much different it is.
what i didnt just use it i love it Smile
Quote:what i didnt just use it i love it
Thank you for that!

I have looked into the situation in XBMCbuntu/live beta3. The permanent mounting i.e. removal of "nodiskmount" will not work in Eden since there is no such parameter.

The diskmounter script for temporary mounting still exist and I asked them to re-add pmount which is needed for the script.
The problem is that the internal disks are already mounted by default but in read-only mode. For the moment I have no time to troubleshoot that.
Wish it did work, this auto mount issue is the biggest headache with xbmcbuntu, can't get pysdm to work either, really hope To see your add on working soon
It is not that hard to manually mount it fstab....I agree it should be fixed though.
I had a look at that file using notepad in windows mine doesn't look like the ones posted, am I doing it right in linux its the etc/fstab file I need to edit ? Or do I have to edit it through the DOS looking part of linux ? Sorry such a noob with linux can't get anything to work on it. That's why your add on was like finding gold for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Disk Mount Addon (for XBMC Live and XBMC for Linux)1