Library Basics....driving me mad
I have just started to try and use the library system as I like info that this seems to offer.

I have been using the file system previously yet decided to try the library but I can not get my head around it. I have spent hours in the wiki, searching the forums searching the net adding files, removing files adding skins etc etc.

Am I correct in saying that when you use the library mode all video source files end up being in or linked in the ' VIDEOS ' button of the skin home screen ?

My file system is simple :-

c:
...videos
..............Films
.................... Train Spotting.avi (or mpeg etc)
..............Kids
.................... Finding Nemo.avi (or mpeg etc)
..............Camcorder
.................... Holiday 2010.mov
..............Music Videos
.................... The Pretender(Foo Fighters).avi

Using the File system I could create custom buttons in the skin home screen go into the context menu and select a source EG. FILMS button path was c:\videos\films which when pressed took me to the Films folder.

Yet I can not seem to follow this procedure when in library mode I cant go doen to the Film or Kids folder it either states that the library is empty or it shows the entire Videos folder contents.

I have tried to scan the Videos folder contents to the Videos button thinking they have to be contained there and individually selected in the buttons all to no avail.

Can anyone please help as it must be something I am/ I am not doing as whatever skin I use I get the same issues.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Basics....driving me mad0