Computer rebooting as XBMC starts
XMBC version 10.0
Windows XP SP3 32bit
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev. 3.3. Onboard sound w/ Realtek HD Audio drivers
Intel E6420
NVIDIA 8600 GTS w/ 266.44 drivers from laptopvideo2go
2GB RAM

I would have included a log, but I can't even get to settings to enable it. The computer reboots as SOON as the XBMC logo appears after starting the program.

And that's really all there is to reproducing the problem. I had an older version, 9.1 something or other, that didn't do this, although it did have some problems. I uninstalled it, installed 10.0, and the first time I try to boot it up, the computer reboots.

I don't believe heat is an issue. The computer runs anywhere from 35-45c when idle/playing movies regularly. I can't really check for a spike in temp as I start XBMC though because again, the computer reboots as soon as I start the program.

I ran a search and found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73100

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's resolved yet.

XBMC 10.0 works fantastically on my other AMD based desktop.
Flowah Wrote:XBMC version 10.0
Windows XP SP3 32bit
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev. 3.3. Onboard sound w/ Realtek HD Audio drivers
Intel E6420
NVIDIA 8600 GTS w/ 266.44 drivers from laptopvideo2go
2GB RAM

I would have included a log, but I can't even get to settings to enable it. The computer reboots as SOON as the XBMC logo appears after starting the program.

And that's really all there is to reproducing the problem. I had an older version, 9.1 something or other, that didn't do this, although it did have some problems. I uninstalled it, installed 10.0, and the first time I try to boot it up, the computer reboots.

I don't believe heat is an issue. The computer runs anywhere from 35-45c when idle/playing movies regularly. I can't really check for a spike in temp as I start XBMC though because again, the computer reboots as soon as I start the program.

I ran a search and found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73100

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's resolved yet.

XBMC 10.0 works fantastically on my other AMD based desktop.

You might have some sort of hardware issue or graphics drivers issue, but what came to my mind first is a bad RAM.

It's really hard to say without a debug log, have you tested your RAM to make sure the sticks are fine? Did you update your graphics card with the latest official drivers? The website you have for the drivers does not look healthy to me. What's stopping you from using the official Nvidia drivers?

Regards,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:You might have some sort of hardware issue or graphics drivers issue, but what came to my mind first is a bad RAM.

It's really hard to say without a debug log, have you tested your RAM to make sure the sticks are fine? Did you update your graphics card with the latest official drivers? The website you have for the drivers does not look healthy to me. What's stopping you from using the official Nvidia drivers?

Regards,
EG.

I've run memtest on these sticks before and they were fine, I guess it was a few months ago.

I guess I can try the official ones. I've used the laptopvideo2go drivers for years on other computers and laptops and never had a problem before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer rebooting as XBMC starts0