LiLi - a new Windows tool for creating a XBMC Live USB memory stick

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
okey Offline
i have just tryed it using lili, got the iso version from the usuall site, everything seems to go ok on the usb stick, but when i powerup my asus laptop, i select usb then it just says "boot error" go easy on me as this is my first time doing this.
find quote
polkaroo Offline
I used this recently to create a persistent usb install with Frodo. I was able to get a persistent install, but the annoying thing is that I get the menu asking to run the live version or to install locally each time I boot. How do I get rid of this so that it boots into live by default?

BTW - I do realize LiLi currently does not officially support Frodo yet, but I would imagine it should still work.
find quote
digitaltomj Offline
Fan
Personally I love another live disk creator called YUMI It can be used to create a multi booting live disk on an usb from windows...it never fails and is constantly updated with in days of new OSes becoming available. I use it all the time.
find quote
BamBam1963 Offline
I found this program to work better for me: "Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.1.exe" I used it with: "xbmcbuntu-12.2.Intel-AMD.iso" and the installation from USB was completed without a hitch.

(2012-12-19 22:06)okey Wrote:  i have just tryed it using lili, got the iso version from the usuall site, everything seems to go ok on the usb stick, but when i powerup my asus laptop, i select usb then it just says "boot error" go easy on me as this is my first time doing this.

I had the same programs and found "Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.1.exe" worked better for me. I got it here http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Un...86578.html
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-27 21:30 by BamBam1963.)
find quote
Upthewrongtree Offline
Why would you want to create a usb stick for xbmc? I have it on my HD now. What advantages are there for this approach? Just joined the forum and curious..
find quote
laric Online
Donor
Because people want to install ubuntu or xbmcbuntu on their machines and don't have or want to use cd/dvd media. Then they need to make a usb stick to install it with.

If my post helped you then there is a nice x/- button on the bottom of the post.
find quote