Xbox mod chips - do i really need a fancy one ?
Question 
ok i now have my xbox and im ready to mod :thumbsup:

is there any real advantage in getting one of these "super" chips like xecuter 3 over say the basic xecuter 2.6. i would have thought that the only advantage that these could offer would be that they do more in the bios that you would normally have to do from an os or dash loaded off the hd. but once you get over the initial install hump of getting your hd setup in the xbox with appropriate software, do they offer any benefit ?.

for example the ex 3 has all these options for different scan modes but surely these are already available to any mod so long as your have the right software on your hd - or am i missing somthing - so these better chips have some hardware access that lesser ones do not ?.

paul.
all any modchip does more than replacing the bios to a modded one is purely extras!

with that said, the most usable option a newer/more expensive modchip offers is how you update it. granted, once you got a stable setup, no need to update it, but there's a big difference having to do it by opening the xbox and connecting the chip to a flasher vs doing it over network.

just my 5 cents
/pike
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox mod chips - do i really need a fancy one ?0