CouchPotato and SickBeard on XBMC Live?
Happy New Year all. My head is sore from banging it on the wall. I have a new zotac Z-Box with the latest version of live on it. I was all proud of myself when I SSH'd in to the box and successfully installed SABNZBD as well as configured it. My next step was to install SickBeard and Couchpotato. I thought I had gotten SickBeard to work (followed daemox's guide for the most part, although I had to make the necessary adjustments to do everything from terminal and SFTP). While I got SickBeard to run - i have been unable to get it to successfully start on boot (I have the same problem with CouchPotato). And most recently when trying to manually run SickBeard, it was throwing fits at me about "not being able to write to a read only database". SO - let me just go through my steps from the start:

1. downloaded sickbeard soure (r27) and unzipped and sftpd to HTPC under /home/xbox/.sickbeard

2. I can start sickbeard manually from here, but I obviously dont want to do that after every reboot.

3. I tried to just copy the initd script that comes with sickbeard to the autostart init scripts (I think I ran sudo cp initd /etc/init.d/sickbeard)

4. when I failed at that I tried daemox's script from his tutorial on http://www.ainer.org/?p=747 .

5. again - no boot on start, and when I manually start it I get the database write errors in the log.

Anyone out there got some help for me?
for any that stumble on this after - my problem started with step two. I ran the script as Sudo and that effed my install from there on out - tip for the day: with great sudo comes great responsibility
How did you eff up an install, unless you accidentally did an "rm -rf / some directory" with the extra space.

You need to 'update-rc.d sickbeard defaults' to get to start on boot.

It should run fine with invoke-rc.d sickbeard start.

You don't want to run it as sudo, unless you want sickbeard to run as root.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Your best bet is to join the #sickbeard channel on irc.freenode.net
Thanks guys - I didnt eff up my whole install - just sickbeard. I have since cleared it up. Basically before I set up the init.d script i had already run sickbeard as sudo to get it all set up - after that the script wanted to run it as a regular user - so no go. I got a hold of daemox and he set me straight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CouchPotato and SickBeard on XBMC Live?0