Audio Problems
So, I had this problem running XBMC on win XP and just upgraded to win7 tonight and the problem continues. It only happens with .mp4 movies the audio will play (i am running over HDMI) for just a short blip and then i get no sound. The same files play just fine with VLC and Media Player Classic.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/vNXPD6KT

Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need more info...
That's not a debug log. Turn on debug logging from System settings, System, debugging.

JR
updated original pastebin
You can see the problems starting by line 520 and continues down as you tried several times, I'm not an expert in this but its reporting audio discontinuity errors and nothing available in new data packet, etc etc.... not sure what causing all that but JR might know :-)

Regards,
EG.
Thanks.

Here is a Log from my netbook that I use to stream over my network (no hdmi, just playing over the netbook's screen).

http://pastebin.com/Bgc6zcYf

The same thing happens with "The Slammin' Salmon" (as well as other movies). Some mp4 files do play (in the first pastebin Quantam Solace worked, in the second Varsity Blues played fine). These files play just fine in VLC just not in XBMC
No thoughts? BUMP
There are a few oddities in your logs and we'll need small samples to really understand what's happening.

in the first log ffmpeg doesn't detect a sample rate for the audio in BEERFEST.mp4 and we default to 44100. Video is usually 48000 and that would explain your problems.

in the second log, the same thing happens for "The Slammin' Salmon.mp4".
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a certain software you would recommend that I use to cut a sample of the video clips? I normally use VideoRedo to edit my files, but it does not work with MP4. I initially was just going to convert the files and see if that fixed the problem, but my software wouldn't work.
Can't say I handle mp4 files much but usually splitting a file works, instead of remuxing. For example I use the Windows port of the unix command "dd" to copy the first 10M of a file.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:Can't say I handle mp4 files much but usually splitting a file works, instead of remuxing. For example I use the Windows port of the unix command "dd" to copy the first 10M of a file.

I am not familiar with this command and haven't been able to find anything that will allow me to cut a clip from the videos... I have no problem learning how to use the "dd" command if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction. Thanks
I was able to get this information about "The Slammin' Salmon.mp4"
Video:
Size: 720x480
Aspect Ratio: 3:2
Framerate: 29.97
bitrate: 1013.363 Kbps
codec: H.264/AVC
Duration: 1:38:16.062

Audio
Channels: 2
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
bitrate: 125.565kbps
codec: Mpeg-2/4 Audio
duration: 1:38:14.780

What I find is odd is that the length of the video and the audio do not match, perhaps this is where the problem is coming from. I have downloaded AVS Video Editor and Converter as I was considering puchasing them for other uses. So, I will try either one of them out tonight to see what I can come up with. Maybe another format will work. I tried to cut 1 min from the file using the editor, but i will end up with another format and not the original .mp4 so this may not reveal the problem.

Here is that clip using the trial version (hence the watermark), I haven't been able to test this file yet as I am on a different system with no speakers and no XBMC, but like i said, being that it is avi and not mp4 this might just be a waste of time. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FBMV9T0A

Update:
Beerfest also has the same mismatch between the audio and video about 1sec of difference in the length.
So, I used AVS Video Converter to convert the file over to an mpg file and it plays fine now... I don't mind spending the $60 for the software to fix it because I have about 20 movies that I am having this problem with; however, i will keep the originals and I am willing to help if you want to look for a solution to this problem. I know it is not a problem with the files because they play fine many other places that I have tried them (VLC, Windows Media Player, multiple computers, my Motorola Droid). Let me know if you are interested. And thank you to those of you who gave some input!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Problems0