Samsung S16 and XBMC (uPnP)
Hi!
Trying to watch videon/pictures on XBMC from Samsung S16 camcorder via uPnP. On Windows 7 machine Windows Media Player 12 successufully connects to camcorder and is able to play all videos and pictures from the camera.
XBMC is able to see S16 in uPnP devices, but when I try to open it, nothing happens (XBMC is not listing folders). The log file says:

XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting upnp://1e65fb80-008e-1000-a7a4-0026e8a8a48f/
CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(upnp://1e65fb80-008e-1000-a7a4-0026e8a8a48f/) failed

Is it a bug? Search in Google/this forum did not give an answer.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!
Should I report it as a bug?
vxl18 Wrote:Should I report it as a bug?

Unless one of the developers has a Samsung S16 camcorder to test I doubt reporting it as a bug will achieve much.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Unless one of the developers has a Samsung S16 camcorder to test I doubt reporting it as a bug will achieve much.

JR

Maybe it is possible to implement the same uPnP functionality as Windows Media Player 12 has? Is it possible to find out the difference in both uPnP client functionality (MP12 and XBMC)?
Sadly Microsoft don't publish their source code like XBMC does.

I've never worked on the uPnP code so I can't really comment, but I'd guess that not all uPnP servers play by the rules so supporting everything requires lots of testing. I imagine that Microsoft can afford to buy camcorders just for testing while XBMC developers can't. Unless there's an obvious bug in the uPnP code I think it will be hard to fix this problem without having a S16 to test.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Sadly Microsoft don't publish their source code like XBMC does.

I've never worked on the uPnP code so I can't really comment, but I'd guess that not all uPnP servers play by the rules so supporting everything requires lots of testing. I imagine that Microsoft can afford to buy camcorders just for testing while XBMC developers can't. Unless there's an obvious bug in the uPnP code I think it will be hard to fix this problem without having a S16 to test.

JR

Camcoder S16 has DLNA support. XBMC is compatible with DLNA CERTIFIED (as is said at XBMC Wiki UPnP Sharing). Though there is one standart in reality I suppose there are a lot of substandarts what means incompatibility within standart technologies.

What else could be done in order to solve this problem? Maybe I sholud try another uPnP client (instead of MS MP12) to check compatibility of S16?

Does anybody know any open source uPnP client?
Anybody with uPnP knowledge? What could be done to enhance XBMC uPnP compatibilty?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung S16 and XBMC (uPnP)0