[RELEASE] Starcraft2 (Plugin) with Day9 and djWHEAT
Thumbs Up 
Hello, must begin to thank you all here at the XBMC community for all the work you put in!

Well, i find out about D0nR0sa's Day9 plugin a few weeks ago but i didn't got it to work. So i decided to make my own plugin in order to learn myself some python and watch the awsome commentaries from Day9. I hope you don't mind D0nR0sa =)

UPDATE v0.4.0:
You can download the plugin through the XBMC.org repo.
Day[9] plugin

I'm no longer working on the djWHEAT plugin

/Kristoffer
Thanks for this!
Awesome - thanks! Hope you get some help with this as I'd love to see some TL streams too.
Perfect, works very good. I would suggest to split it into 2 plugins, one as day9 and one as djWHEAT. I prefer to consider a plugin as a "tv-channel" and as such I think they deserve to be seperate, it is ofcourse my personal opinion but I do believe it creates a better user experience. You can always use descriptions and such to make it clear what each channel have.

I would then suggest you to submit both for inclusion to the xbmc.org repo (if you want that is), just read up on what is required for repo inclusion.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for this! Yes, please add it to the official repo!!! Smile
I'm happy to hear that you like it!

About splitting it into 2 plugins works fine for me if that's what you guys wanna see, just gonna need a little time, have a lot going on right now. And it would be really nice to see it in the xbmc.org repo, so i'm gonna look into that as soon as i can!

I would really like you guys to come up with ideas of new features to the plugin, if you have any.

Then about the Streams from TeamLiquid i can't find a way to find the rmpt source through XBMC, i could probebly get it to work if i use Wireshark but then i must add it all manually. So if anyone could help me with this i would be greatful =)
Aren't TL streams a mixture of USTREAM, LIVESTREAM, and Justin.TV?
Thank you! You are awesome! Smile
topfs2 Wrote:Perfect, works very good. I would suggest to split it into 2 plugins, one as day9 and one as djWHEAT. I prefer to consider a plugin as a "tv-channel" and as such I think they deserve to be seperate, it is ofcourse my personal opinion but I do believe it creates a better user experience. You can always use descriptions and such to make it clear what each channel have.

I would then suggest you to submit both for inclusion to the xbmc.org repo (if you want that is), just read up on what is required for repo inclusion.

Cheers,
Tobias

Did as you suggested and splitted up the "Starcraft2" plugin into one Day9 plugin and one djWHEAT plugin.

I have been looking around about adding the plugins to the official repo and my question is; is there anything more i need to do?

/Kristoffer
Krill Wrote:Did as you suggested and splitted up the "Starcraft2" plugin into one Day9 plugin and one djWHEAT plugin.

I have been looking around about adding the plugins to the official repo and my question is; is there anything more i need to do?

/Kristoffer

Awsome! http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...nt_updates outlines how its supposed to be done (I'm not an addon repo maintainer so I am not fully read up on how it works).

So you can submit it as zipps but its easier if you either make a svn or git repo available somewhere (googlecode, github etc.)

Cheers,
Tobias

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Then it's done!

The "Day[9]" video plugin has been added to the XBMC.org repo! Going to submit the "djWHEAT" plugin later. Right now i'm going to look into the TeamLiquid stream plugin.

/Kristoffer Petersson
I don't know about anyone else, every other video plugin on xbmc works for me, but the Day[9] one seems horribly out of sync. Both SD and HD.
Drir Wrote:I don't know about anyone else, every other video plugin on xbmc works for me, but the Day[9] one seems horribly out of sync. Both SD and HD.

This is most likely outside of the actual plugin and more likely in the actual player code. That said, it works beautifully for me without any problems in regards to sync.

Will the changes Day[9] is making the stream going to affect this plugin?
The changes Day[9] is making affects the Live Stream as far as i know. He will still be uploading the VODS to blip.tv. The plugin will still be working =) as long as he uses blip.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Starcraft2 (Plugin) with Day9 and djWHEAT1