advancedsettings not detected ?
hi,

I created these settings (advancedsettings.xml in C:\Programs\XBMC\userdata) , but they're not being detected.

Maybe someone could give me a hint regarding what could be wrong.

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
<audio>
<applydrc>true</applydrc> <!-- Whether to use DRC on AC3 and DTS streams -->
</audio>
<video>
<blackbarcolour>150</blackbarcolour>
<highqualityscaling>1</highqualityscaling> <!-- Set to 1 to enable high quality software upscaling for SD, 0 to disable. This feature is very slow, use at your own risk. -->
<highqualityscalingmethod>8</highqualityscalingmethod> <!-- Upscaling method, 7 = bicubic, 8 = lanczos -->
<vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling> <!-- scales with vdpau instead of opengl and turns on its HQ scaler when available, enabling this might slow down rendering and cause framedrops especially on ion systems, this setting requires a vdpau feature set C gpu-->
<allowlanczos3>true</allowlanczos3> <!-- allow turning on the lanczos3 shader -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I enabled the gray-bars to visually ensure that the advancedsettings.xml is being detected properly.
I left the comments as they were. My System is using an intel-quad and a nvidia-gpu.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hmmm I'm not noticing anything that pops out as wrong. Anything showing in the xbmc log when it tries to load the advancedsettings? BTW - running windows when your user name is ubuntuf4n Laugh
Aenima99x Wrote:Hmmm I'm not noticing anything that pops out as wrong. Anything showing in the xbmc log when it tries to load the advancedsettings? BTW - running windows when your user name is ubuntuf4n Laugh

ok ok i confess, my lappy run ubuntu a long time ago.. Big Grin
how can i find out if it loads the file (in the log)?
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
I am running on windows 7 and i have it in C:Users/Username/Appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata
I tried it in CTonguerogram Files/xbmc/userdata But xbmc for does not use it.

Ps just tried your advancedsettings.xml on my system and it's not the file at fault.
try it in your other userdata folder and i am sure it will work
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
The debug log will tell.
here is a debug-log: Link

I have also a problem with a high memory consumption (after a while rapidly increasing).
Maybe someone could have a look.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Line 51 shows:

NOTICE: No advancedsettings.xml to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)

and line 8 shows:

special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata

so you need to create your advancedsettings.xml file in the directory "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Anwendungsdaten\XBMC\userdata"

JR
Yes, it doesn't go in the XBMC program folder otherwise it could get deleted when you do an uninstall/upgrade.
okay It's being detected.

I would like to know if this settings are 'the best' for reaching a good upscaling.

Video Scaling Method is 'Lanczos3'.

What I would suggest so far..

Quote:<audio>
</audio>

Dynamic Range Compression for AC3/DTS-Streams.
Is there a way to configure this somehow ?
(before I thought DRC is Xbox-only)
I can't check if it's working properly or not.

Quote:<blackbarcolour>150</blackbarcolour>
Working. Smile
Enabled just for testing purposes.

Quote:<highqualityscaling>1</highqualityscaling> <!-- Set to 1 to enable high quality software upscaling for SD, 0 to disable. This feature is very slow, use at your own risk. -->
Which kind of upscaling is used for this 'highqualityscaling'?

Quote:<highqualityscalingmethod>8</highqualityscalingmethod> <!-- Upscaling method, 7 = bicubic, 8 = lanczos -->
Or is the above mentioned code linked with this code ?

Quote:<vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling> <!-- scales with vdpau instead of opengl and turns on its HQ scaler when available, enabling this might slow down rendering and cause framedrops especially on ion systems, this setting requires a vdpau feature set C gpu-->

I hope that vdpauscaling gives a better quality, though I am not sure about that.

Quote:<allowlanczos3>true</allowlanczos3> <!-- allow turning on the lanczos3 shader -->
Allow the Lanczos 3 Setting in the video-osd.
iirc, this is better than Lancos 3 optimal.

Could someone tell me, if these settings are optimal for upscaling SD-Content ? Huh
Any advantage by replacing the internal 'dvdplayer' (e.g. mplayer)?

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Applydrc is not hooked up to anything, neither is highqualityscaling, vdpauscaling is only available on linux.
Allowlanczos3 allows you to choose the lanczos3 scaler during playback, this scaler is very slow, the lanczos3 optimized scaler looks pretty much the same but is much faster.
Alright,

I deleted the non-working parts (in windows). These are red marked.

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
<audio>
</audio>

<video>
<blackbarcolour>150</blackbarcolour>
<highqualityscaling>1</highqualityscaling> <!-- Set to 1 to enable high quality software upscaling for SD, 0 to disable. This feature is very slow, use at your own risk. -->
<highqualityscalingmethod>8</highqualityscalingmethod> <!-- Upscaling method, 7 = bicubic, 8 = lanczos -->
<vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling> <!-- scales with vdpau instead of opengl and turns on its HQ scaler when available, enabling this might slow down rendering and cause framedrops especially on ion systems, this setting requires a vdpau feature set C gpu-->

<allowlanczos3>true</allowlanczos3> <!-- allow turning on the lanczos3 shader -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

So pretty much no upscaling capabilities (at the time of writing).

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings not detected ?0