Static IP?
Do you have to have a static IP address for this to work properly? When I go to set it up it asks for an IP address and it's my understanding that these change quite often? Hopefully my question in itself makes it quite obvious I'm not a huge techie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Not sure why anyone else hasn't answered so I will! When you add the pc using XBMC that you want to connect to in the configuration on the android remote you need to specify an IP address. If this changes as it might if your using DHCP rather than static ip addresses on your network then you'll have to go back into configuration to tell the android remote what the new IP address is. Hope this makes sense!
nemulate Wrote:Not sure why anyone else hasn't answered so I will! When you add the pc using XBMC that you want to connect to in the configuration on the android remote you need to specify an IP address. If this changes as it might if your using DHCP rather than static ip addresses on your network then you'll have to go back into configuration to tell the android remote what the new IP address is. Hope this makes sense!

if your router supports it (which most current ones do) you can use the dhcp reservation table so that it will assign a specific MAC address the same IP everytime it connects to the network.

I do this for both my htpcs so that I don't have to keep updating IP addresses all over the place.

Just google your router's brand and model as well as 'dhcp reservation' and you should get some helpful hits.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Static IP?0