• 7(current)
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader
oh sorry the cbr i tried is one i repacked myself as rars were not in store mode, should the sub rars also be remaned cbr?
immun Wrote:Actually my search before posting my request did NOT turn up any results with cbr so thanks for notifying me of this thread. Secondly, I stand by my request cause the current cbr support sucks when compared to the features of CDisplay. So I'm asking again: what would it take to get the program run on XBOX? The programmer's permission? Or is there a chance you guys would add features to make reading those files more comfortable?

ur a real ass immun. the fact that we can read cbr/cbz is more than we ever dreamed off. be glad u have that. no one promised u a comic book viewer. i am glad we r able to do it within the limited way we can through the photo viewer. it is not bad, just different. yes cdisplay for xbox would be amazing, some one started a program for xbox but never developed it and the photo viewer is light years ahead of it. dont bite the hand that feeds u, be glad spiff even considered ur requests.

if u dont like it, i am sure u can start coding a cdisplay for xbox...
sub rars?

as for being stored thats not a requirement
sorry for not making myself clear i dont really bother with scanlations as i have not found a decent way to read them yet (CDisplay is nice but involve to much mouse/keyboard interaction imo). the structure i had used for the one i tried was as follows

Code:
City Hunter - V01.cbr containing the following
City_Hunter-v01-c001[MD].rar
City_Hunter-v01-c002a[MD].rar
City_Hunter-v01-c002b[MD].rar
City_Hunter-v01-c003[MD].rar
City_Hunter-v01-c004[MD].rar
City_Hunter-v01-c005[MD].rar

with the chapter containers using a rar extension the overlay is still active when zoomed, if the chapters are renamed to .cbr then it just displays a black screen.

Is it possible to bookmark your position in a cbr/cbz or atleast browse through to find the place you want to start from? if its not possible to brose a cbr/cbz like you would a folder of images why not add the option to the white context menu?

you said there were no free buttons but two (start & white) either seem to have no function or only have a function if music is playing, why not give the image viewer a osd like my music and my video that would get around the lack of free buttons.
jarod71 Wrote:ur a real ass immun. the fact that we can read cbr/cbz is more than we ever dreamed off.

Right, I guess I just underestimated how much work it must have been to tell the "rar view function" to treat any file with the extension .cbr as an archive.

spiff Wrote:and thanks, it's always great to hear that once work sucks.

No biggy, I guess it feels quite similar to being called a smartass for no particular good reason.
who do you think implemented the rar and zip support? it took me a good part of a summer to get that going. hint; no documentation, horrible code, threaded io.

as you say, after that it was cheap to do this function. i did not add it so freaking whiners like yourself can sit on your fat ass talking smack about it.
i haven't got a single cbr sitting on my hdd, as i don't read comic books. but since i could add some limited support easily i did so for those of our users that wanted it.

in conclusion, fuck off, we don't need smartasses like you in these forums (meaning whining assholes that can't even search a freaking forum)
I just updated to a spanking new XBMC as I noticed the CBR sorting had been sorted out (pun!) but XBMC wouldn't open any pictures inside .rar or .cbr.

"Error opening picture"

I tried updating twice.
Anyone else run into that?

The build is from Oct 26th 2006.

*DX
rar files where broken for a while i fixed it an hour back or so
Thanks Spiff!
spiff Wrote:i haven't got a single cbr sitting on my hdd, as i don't read comic books.

So what your saying is you were too stupid or lazy to download one or even make one yourself by raring up a bunch of jpgs and renaming it to cbr?

spiff Wrote:in conclusion, fuck off, we don't need smartasses like you in these forums (meaning whining assholes that can't even search a freaking forum)

I think I hit a nerve here Wink

Quite spiffy to whine about others when you can't even keep your supported formats list up to date.
yeah because he's the only developer on XBMC and he gets paid so much to keep everything going that he is obligated to do something for you...
except not. it's an open source project with a bunch of different people all working on it simultaneously, and all for absolutely no compensation. the sourcecode is available via CVS, so why don't you have grab a copy and whip up some patches for us? oh wait, you can't because you don't know shit from Shinola...
Immun, please leave if you can't change your attitude.
Thanks.
The sorting inside .CBR files works great now!
Thanks for fixing it Spiffy Smile

If I could suggest something, it's that it'd be nice to have the "preview" icons have the images 1-4 shown for the .cbr files. Now the seem to be chosen totally random.

Also the .rar in same directory as .cbr causing the .rar to be opened even if .cbr is selected remains.

Still, nice fix Smile

*DX
as i said, i cannot reproduce the second issue.

as for those images, yes they are random. it uses the same code as what is used for a normal folder... use a file.tbn if you want to give it a custom thumb.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader0