• 2(current)
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader
Sad 
i'm not even sure if this should be it's own thread because as i understand cbr is simply a renamed rar and cbz is simply a renamed zip(?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yup thats exactly right

there are two pc based apps that will run it
cdisplay & bdzexplorer

to my knowledge these to apps look the renamed zip/rar, and display the picture files in sequential order- (sequential determined by the creator- can be numerical or alphabetical)

but i think this is inherently linked to rar/zip support at the end of the day
Sad 
then?;
cbr request = "parse rar files to read media files in them, also add parsing/reading rared vobsub's (link)" suggestion.
cbz request = "parsing zip files to read media files in them (link)"      :hmm:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Star 
first of all, congratulations on the team for creating the best front-end ever! more and more i am in love with xbmc and my xbox.

a suggestion to support .cbr or .cbz for viewing compressed picture files and rar or zip format -> for viewing comics especially.

would appreciate if you can consider for the next release, thank you again.
Star 
heya,

just a request for a minor mod to the my pictures part...
(a my comics would be cool, but that is asking too much)

if xbmc can read .cbr (rar files) and .cbz (zip) files and display the files in there sequentially, you could read the gazillions of comics that are on the net.

my proposal for controls would be (either controller or remote):
up/down -> scroll up down page
left/right -> previous/next page
white button/display button -> resize to fit screen: width, then height, then whole page, then original size.

greetz,
paladin
i'd like to add my own "yea" to this as well - since xmbc is a conglomeration of various entertainment media sources, i don't see how this is any more out of place than rss feeds or weather. i'd donate to see this happen - got over 50 gigs of comics just itching to get read on my widescreen tv.
heya,

i'd pledge some cash here to see this happen. and since when are comics not considered media?

greetz,
paladin
(scorpious @ sep. 03 2004,05:26 Wrote:is it possible to add support for the cdz, and cdr formats? as far as i know it looks like a renamed zip and rar files with jpgs inside them? xbmc can read jpgs already, doesn't sound too xomplicated, but then again i am no pro Rolleyes
indeed cbz is a .zip file and .cbr is a rar file. it still would be very cool to have a comicbook reader on xbox! shouldn't be too hard to implement?

regards,
martijn
hey guys, just started using xbmc to display comic books in hd on my tv, can't believe how crisp and sharp they look. only thing is, most issues come in the standard cbr/cbz support... very simple.. basically a rar/zip (depending on r/z) with the pages inside in a logical order. i'm not sure how easy (if at all possible even) it is to implement rar/zip reading into xbmc, but it'd be a pretty neat addon if it ever made it.

also, if there's no way to zoom to width (i need to read the manual yet, so for all i know there is) that'd also be pretty rad.
hm got a warning for duping, so apologies. i did search, but didn't realise the forum defaults to this month (rather than all time, which practically every forum i use goes to), so no entries came up. my fault, sorry.
hi,

i've implemented a zip filesystem handler, and thus .cbz will be available.

when you click a .cbz, would you prefer that

1) it's just listed in the file browser and you can choose designated picture/page.

2) it automatically launch slideshow

3) automatically view first picture

spiff
i vote for 3... i dont think people want to dive into a cbz and see individual files but maybe.

a slideshow would involve panning and zooming right? that's not desirable
phunck's ooba script can display daily comics from some website (can't remember its name).
but it doesn't support cb[r|z] files
i vote for no 3.
it would be an awesome feature. :kickass:
when could it be implemented?
the code is there. basically i just need to get off my lazy ass and integrate it into my pictures Smile

i won't give any eta, i'm very busy with finishing my master thesis,
that's due 10th of june...

perhaps before, most likely after
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader0