• 3(current)
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader
i'm not the one to be picky. whenever you have the time is fine. keep up the good work!
is it possible to keep a zoom setting and advance/go back in the file list, maybe with a script or something? that's more of an obstacle to viewing comics than the cbr/cbz thing. i can always unzip or unrar a file on my own computer but it's a pain to hit zoom three times to see a page, then unzoom three times, advance to next image, then zoom in again. it's probably not behavior you want with all images but it would be a useful mode. granted i don't really know how difficult it would be.

this is just icing on the cake stuff, but it sounds simple enough that it's sorely tempting me.
not sure but i think this requires a small change in the way movement is picked up in my pictures.

iirc, in zoom mode, the dpad overrides for movement. this is probably mainly for the remote, though i'm not 100% sure why as there should be sufficient buttons to not have this.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ may 31 2005,09:55 Wrote:not sure but i think this requires a small change in the way movement is picked up in my pictures.

iirc, in zoom mode, the dpad overrides for movement.  this is probably mainly for the remote, though i'm not 100% sure why as there should be sufficient buttons to not have this.

cheers,
jonathan
yeah, the d-pad changes to move the view, but the triggers go from advancing through the file list to no action. they don't do anything when i'm zoomed in.
(crashcat @ may 31 2005,09:41 Wrote:they don't do anything when i'm zoomed in.
i find having to zoom out out to advance images a little annoying as well.
just commit the initial support.
(spiff @ june 03 2005,00:38 Wrote:just commit the initial support.
cbz and zip opening works decently now. a lot of my cbzs won't open but some do so i can probably figure out what is breaking them if i take a little time.

still can't advance when zoomed in though, so it's not much use unless i chop up my images ahead of time so i can see them at default zoom.

suppose i could get a remote and type the number of the zoom scale i want while looking at each page but i don't know if that slowpoke zoom animation still applies there. i'm hoping it's a relatively easy thing to code and was just overlooked, because the rest of the interface works the same when zoomed into a picture, but the triggers stop responding.

thanks for getting the zip support though Smile
keep an eye at the compression method used.

if it's anything but storing (no compression) or deflation, it isn't supported. this is due to the fact that the underlieing library (zlib) only supports deflation...

if they are deflated there's a bug somewhere and i'll have a look (preferably with access to a non-working file..)
(spiff @ june 06 2005,16:58 Wrote:keep an eye at the compression method used.

if it's anything but storing (no compression) or deflation, it isn't supported. this is due to the fact that the underlieing library (zlib) only supports deflation...

if they are deflated there's a bug somewhere and i'll have a look (preferably with access to a non-working file..)
that should be easy enough to check then. i'll take a look later, thanks!
just commited .cbr support
can xbmc play .cbr files? (comic books) if so, how?
hi,

i finally figured out (i think) why you guys are having problems.

the code was only done to handle archives with files in the root dir.

it seems most .cbr/.cbz out there has a dir within the archives.

please report your findings.
in testing with the august 4th cvs, i'm finding that it won't open .cbr files. if you rename it .cbz, it opens, but no pictures are viewable. if you rename the file to .rar, it opens, and there are no problems.
make sure that

04-08-05 fixed: cbr/cbz support. if pictures was in a folder, playback would fail.

is in changelog.txt.

if it is, please pm me (again...) the file you provided me with earlier works fine here...
(hopefully) found the issue.

a workaround until the fix hits anon is to enable 'hide parent folder items' for the my pictures settings..
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader0