• 4(current)
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader
(spiff @ aug. 05 2005,03:26 Wrote:(hopefully) found the issue.

a workaround until the fix hits anon is to enable 'hide parent folder items' for the my pictures settings..
to let everybody know, i can confirm that this fixes the problem. :thumbsup:
when i use the zoom and view the next comic page, the picture isn't displayed from the top and i have to scroll up to the top.

it would be great an option to always show the picture starting from the top if the zoom is used.
05-05-06 changed: when viewing a .cbr/.cbz, move to top left corner on image change.
(spiff @ may 06 2006,17:28 Wrote:05-05-06 changed: when viewing a .cbr/.cbz, move to top left corner on image change.
thanks a lot!
this is so awsome, i cant wait to try it tomorrow! any tips on reading comics with this? i have a ton on my harddrive, gonna try it tomorrow. what else needs to be done? do i need to zoom them or does it do it automaticlly? thanks guys and gals, i love xbmc.
(a600 @ may 06 2006,19:03 Wrote:
(spiff @ may 06 2006,17:28 Wrote:05-05-06 changed: when viewing a .cbr/.cbz, move to top left corner on image change.
thanks a lot!
i upgraded to this build and this is still not working, image still starts in center when i go view a page.
13-05-06 changed: don't show zoom overlay in slideshow when viewing comics.

this was requested hope nobody protests Smile
thanks spiff!

however, is it possible to have a toggle for on and off of zoom overlay? not sure how many people are using xbmc for comics but a toggle would be best, however for myself, i can live with out the zoom overlay as long as the page starts at the top left corner. thanks again, and i hope others will consider using xbmc with their high def displays to view and read comics!
sorry, there's simply no buttons left.
thats fine, i tried it and it works great! only one issue, non related i think. in the latest build, my thumbnails will not display correctly in my pictures. i had .tbn jpg files for each comic cover and they no longer display. my thumbs for movies and music still are working? do i need to put the thumbs somewhere else now?
shouldn't have to. i'll investigate later.
thanks spiff, if you have time, please look into it. the 4-27 t3ch biuld works fine. the 5-5 and 5-13 builds do not. in 5-5 and 5-13 builds .cbr files do not display thumbs correctly. i used the filename.tbn convention and this worked fine in 4-27 build. if i change .cbr to .rar. it auto generates the thumbs but treats it as a directory, not one file to be lauched and viewed as a comic. so something is broke lol. thanks for everything!

jarod71
is there a way for xbmc to support .cbr or .cbz files as per cdisplay format?
on a nice hdtv it could be an interesting feature to have. Smile

if this exists already, sorry. i searched and couldn't find anything.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
yes it already exists. just launch the cbr/cbz from my pictures.

how come ppl ask first, test later?
(spiff @ june 27 2006,12:17 Wrote:yes it already exists. just launch the cbr/cbz from my pictures.

how come ppl ask first, test later?
i'm sorry, i was at the office and this thought came to my mind. i searched on the whole forum without finding anything. i searched for comics, comic book, cdisplay, cbz and cbr... nothing. i looked at the wiki, nothing... and now i tried again and remembered about the default date for searches to be one month... there it is. sorry again.

i probably ought to register to the wiki and add it myself. i couldn't see cbr and cbz support there.

For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBR/CBZ Comic Book Parser and Reader0