• 6(current)
Release Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module
Hi Rick

I’m using your Web Viewer on RPi and Frodo (XBMC) to update my Upnp Ushare Archive, which runs on a wireless router. To do so I’m executing url’s using our Web Viewer. These url commands can be used for index updating. This works perfectly for smaller media collections up to 3000 items. The process of updating indexes can take quite a while for bigger archives, e.g. 30 seconds. This is tool long for Web Viewer and it will give me a timeout error message (ERROR, Error loading page. <urlopen error timed out>).

Is there a way to increase the timeout time?

Kind regards,
Roman
(2013-05-18, 13:02)sonox Wrote: Is there a way to increase the timeout time?

I'll add a settings option for that.
Version 0.9.11 - 0.9.12

Changes:
- 0.9.12 - Added setting 'URL Open Timeout'
- 0.9.11 - Fixed a bug where sub-urls were not resolving properly

On my REPO.
I'm getting an error in Gotham when attempting to load this plugin - Any help would be appreciated!

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named mechanize
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.web.viewer\lib\webviewer\webviewer.py", line 5, in <module>
import mechanize, threading # @UnresolvedImport
ImportError: No module named mechanize
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-12-10, 01:06)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm getting an error in Gotham when attempting to load this plugin - Any help would be appreciated!

File "C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.web.viewer\lib\webviewer\webviewer.py", line 5, in <module>
How did you install it?
WebViewer depends on the mechanize addon module that should have been automatically installed when you installed WebViewer. It seems like from the error that it didn't get installed.
(2013-12-10, 01:54)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 01:06)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm getting an error in Gotham when attempting to load this plugin - Any help would be appreciated!

How did you install it?
WebViewer depends on the mechanize addon module that should have been automatically installed when you installed WebViewer. It seems like from the error that it didn't get installed.

Thanks for responding - I used the repo listed on the first page of this thread to install WebViewer (Version .9.15 is installed). I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but still didn't see the mechanize module listed in the lib folder of WebViewer. I manually downloaded mechanize from their website, and placed it in the lib folder and got it to work.

Thanks for your help!
Version 0.9.13 - 0.9.18

Changes:

*** 0.9.18 ***

Move video functions out to separate addon module
Added import for script.module.youtube.dl to addon.xml

*** 0.9.17 ***

Now uses youtube-dl to detect video URLs and extract video streams

*** 0.9.16 ***

Now provides youtube-dl video URL extraction in video.getVideoURL()

*** 0.9.15 ***

Added XML declarations to XML files
Removed internal mechanize
Added mechanize import to addon.xml

*** 0.9.14 ***

Minor formatting change to addon.xml
Version bump for official repo submission

*** 0.9.13 ***

Video handling library now gets high resolution thumbnails for youtube

On my REPO.

WebViewer should now be able to play videos from up to 240 sites Smile
Here's a list of supported sites.

Some may not be useful because WebViewer can't get a link to the video page because of javascript and such.
(2014-02-25, 23:55)ruuk Wrote: Here's a list of supported sites.

Some may not be useful because WebViewer can't get a link to the video page because of javascript and such.

Awesome!!
Version 0.9.19

Changes:
- Added the ability to download videos

On my REPO.

To download rtmp videos (such as CBS) you need rtmpdump installed on your system. On Ubuntu that's sudo apt-get install rtmpdump.
Videos will still play without it, but it's needed for downloading.
Version 0.9.20

Changes:
- Internal modifications to match youtube-dl module refactoring

On my REPO.
Hi Rick,

I think I have really messed up today. My XBMC was working funny so I have completely reset it.

I am living in a hotel atm which requires a one time password to log into the internet. Previously I use your web viewer addon to allow me to input this and everything worked fine. On the fresh install I have tried to install the web viewer on its own, not from a repository and it says "dependencies not met". Do you know which dependencies I would need to install to allow web viewer to work?
I can get onto the internet, through my laptop can, so I can download any files and transfer them to my cyclone nano xbmc box by USB stick.

Any help greatly appreciated
problem solved, ignore my previous post. thanks
This addon is not supported anymore?
Supported, but development is not currently active, as I just don't have the time currently.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Viewer - Programs Addon & Module3