Rip DVD to xbmc advise
I dont now where to post this so im running v10 on win xp= post in windows.

Tried dvdshrink and copy the hole dvd to hdd that seems to work.
Than i tried handbrake and rip to mkv and that work in xmbc also.
Mkv gives me one file and a lot smaller than "clone" with dvdshrink.

I got hundreds of dvds, is mkv the best way ?
I want cover art to mkv, but now I have to manually search evey mkv file in xbmc, that will take forever.

What are the rules for the filename so that xbmc auto find coverart if i got 100 mkv movies on my hdd ?

Any tools that does the cover art findings for me, or do you use weeks to do the job by hand for hundreds of ripped dvds ?
Perhaps time to have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964.

Providing set-up is correct xbmc will find and download posters, fanart and movie info automatically.

If space isn't a consideration, then I would consider either MakeMKV, rips without compression, or DVD Shrink (Main movie only).

Encoding using Handbrake, is very time consuming, particularly as you have hundreds of DVD's, though the saving of sapce may be attractive to you.

The difference between ripping (MakeMKV and DVD Shrink) and encoding (Handbrake) is minutes against hours - you choose.
Thanx steelman.
I think Dvd shrink is the solution for me. Seems to work even it takes a lot of space.
I found media companion great tool for cover art.

Xmbc now find coverart and fanart, but maybe my external hdd usb is slow it takes a long time before cover i displayed. Ill try firewire or esata connection instead, it might help ?

I tried handbrake and mkv, but seems to mess up the movie by placing the chapters in wrong order. Even if i used the default options.

Just love my xbmc with all the online content you can get with itSmile
If your only interested in the main movie and not everything else you could do a reauthor in DVDShrink this gives you the possibility to only take the main movie and soundtrack and whatever subtitles you want.

I have done this and this of course shrink the size down further since you won't need menus and Extramaterial from the disc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rip DVD to xbmc advise0