Building/Buying a HTPC
Hiya guys! Im in need of some help builing a nice HTPC for my home setup. I've been using XBMC for a while and I love it Smile But im not that good with specs these days (I used to build computers a few years back but got lazy and bought me a laptop Tongue)

So I need some recomendations on what to buy in order to get a complete HTPC. The components should be able to support/do the following. (Ill be using Ubuntu LIVE Cd i suppose.)

Bittorrent (will be using a webui/remote controll on my laptop)
Blueray disc player
HD x.264 playback (and other HD resolutions. 1080i/p, 720 etc..)
100mb wlan min, 1gb perferable
Tuner support (With card reader. Should support recording from channels aswell. Not sure which CAM format ill be using yet as im changing appartment soon)
Possibility to add harddrives (was thinkin about 4TB drive space)

So what im rly asking is which craphics card, processor, chassi etc would you recomend me to buy? Ill be using the Android remote APP to controll XBMC so no fancy chassi with infrared options is necessary

Im living in Norway/Sweden so if you got any scandinavic advises that would be nice.. Smile The budget is not set yet but I hope it wont go above $1000

Humble thanks in advance,
Joel
What site can you buy hardware from? I would hat to give you a list off American Newegg of stuff you can't find.

For the record it sounds like you want a tower-based Micro ATX build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building/Buying a HTPC0