What setting would prevent Plazma TV from burning?
I tried to play with the colors replacing white to gray but ideally I would like to dim all Menu labels as much as possible.

The most dangerous ones are label at the top an letf menu labels (Video-Movies-Pictures).
This really depends on what skin you are using. I would just make sure you have a screensaver on. What type of tv is it, I'm guessing plasma? With newer tv's burn in isn't really an issue you need to worry about due to the extremely long time it would take.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
contrast + brightness to very low.
then white snow for several minutes (especially after static logos etc)
avoid playing too much console-games.
sharpness to zero.
everything for the first 100 hours.

after that do which settings you wanna,
no burn-in possibility.

should be good for every plasma.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Thanks for help, I'm using PM3.HD skin.

While playng with TV setting would work I'd rather change setting in the XML files. The whole approach is very simple, make menu and heading more "greyish". XBMC handles it very well with it's built-in screensaver.

The question is, where exactly I should tweek font color settings.
The answer is to worry less, if its brand new burn is very obvious, it gets more resilient as its worn in.

I play PS3 games a lot, and use XBMC, as well as windows 7, and I just do a bit of Static every now and then.
I see a whole lot of temporary burn-in patterns with the TV off. I actually stopped worrying, why?

I realized even after a full movie with black bars and subtitles, I can NOT see this when the TV is on! The difference when its off is, really, not that important. Im sure it will hurt the TV in the long run, but Im sure when its an issue I will want a new TV for other reasons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What setting would prevent Plazma TV from burning?0