I lost my surround sound-please, please help.
Hi All,

First, thank you for any help you may offer. I really appreciate it. I have dharma 10.0 running on win xp with hdmi going to denon receiver. Yesterday everything worked awesome. I had perhaps two dozen movies in my lybrary and the audio on all of them, reguardless of how they were encoded, worked great. Well, I ripped a blu ray to add to my movie collection and the file was over 4gig. The internal hard drive im storing the movies on would not accept the file as it "was" formatted with fat32. So...... I backed up all my files on an external drive and reformatted the internal drive to ntfs so I could save some hi def video files to it. I then transferred all my movies and my music back to the internal drive..... now formatted to ntfs. Now when I play movies I cannot get surround sound. The receiver, I think, is not even receiving 5.1 audio now. Yesterday, the audio on the same movie worked fine, and now with the reformatted internal drive, the audio is horrible. The voices are barely audible and my denon display is only showing the two front speakers being used, even tho I have full 5.1 audio. This problem is the same for every movie I have, no matter if it is encoded to 2.0 or 5.1 audio.

Thank you again for any help. I absolutely love xbmc and appreciate all the hard work that goes into making this happen.
Somehow, when I reformatted my hard drive, it reset my speaker setting in my control panel to headphones. It wasnt even a problem with xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I lost my surround sound-please, please help.0