Audio output device no longer has "default" in pull-down
I loaded the latest version of xbmc live (10.0) from the iso cdrom image. I had sound while playing audio files, but no sound with the DVD or H264 videos from the stereo line out connector.

I have a Tyan 2865 MoBo with a NVIDIA CK804 chip. I understand it is only 2 channel, but would still like to play video with 2 channel audio.

In an attempt to fix the movie sound, I experimented with changing the settings in Audio Output Device. When I began the selection was "default". After unsuccessfully trying all the other options I could think of here, I wanted to set this back to the original "default" setting, since I now have no sound in any mode. The "default" is not a selection in the pull-down and I can't type it into the field. How can I get it back to "default"? Are these selections stored in some configuration file that I can edit?

I also am looking for a cheap sound card that works well in linux xbmc, with an optical output and can be enabled for HDMI. Can you recommend a card that will work well?

TIA
Anyone have a fix for this I have the same problem and now windows has a problem coming out of sleep mode.

Thanks, Jesse
I don't know the cause. I was able to select custom and type in "default", which seclected the default pcm and worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio output device no longer has "default" in pull-down0