What is missing for my developpment script to display in the addons ?
Question 
Hi

I'm making a new script for Dharma addon system and I'm not able to make it show in my addons.

Is there a place where I can find informations about how addons works ?

For infos, I made my addon, put it in my addons folder with the icon, addon.xml ... and can't even find it to test it.... Sad

Please give me some clues !

I wish there was an option to simply run python script for developper !
If your addon.xml conforms to proper specs, I found the best way is to create a zip containing your addon and installing it through the Install From Zip File option.

You only need to do this once, you then can copy to the addon as you develop.
OKkkkk !
So first, I tried zipping and I noticed that the zip should contain directly the files and subfolders of the root. Not the folder containing the files.
Then, to find the error, activating the debug is a pretty good Idea. The normal mode log (no debug) does not tell anything about the errors. Only that the addon can't be installed without any other help.

With debug activated I got the exact position of the error in my addon.xml file.
It was the field 'provider-name' wich was set to "alexsolex®". Exactly the same was for my first addon "my pictures database" which works very well. The problem was my encoding on the erronous addon.xml was ANSI whereas on the working one, the encoding was utf8...

So I got it to work now... hopefully a new addon to play quizz with your music will be out soon !
Wink
Thank you
the script folder must be in the zip too, yes, and maybe need the addon version in the zipped filename.
you should use the build.bat in others repo addons Wink
With the script folder in the zip, I didn't have any error messages, while without it, I go a popup telling me it was not possible to install the addon.

What is intended build.bat for ?
Hi Alex,

Mostly it clean you tree and removed file such as .svn, pyo, etc, copy that in a sub dir BUILD and presents the option to create the zip file.
Unless you are doing soemthing fancy you shouldn't have to modify the build.bat for what you need.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is missing for my developpment script to display in the addons ?0