Anyone offering support on installing skins in Dharma?
So, I've just spent about 2 hours pouring over wikis, the forum, sticky's and I've yet to discover any concrete details on manually installing skins in Dharma.

Is there a conclusive write-up that accurately describes where, specifically, to place the skin package, and then where to reference them in the XML's?

I've already snagged the files via Git, but XBMC simply isn't referencing the package.

I've already read the 5 or 6 posts from other users requesting help, and they are either unanswered or useless. Even those replies reference old information that is outdated and no longer applies to Dharma.

Without an accurate update of the wiki, or something else that describes exactly what we're supposed to do with the skin packages, we'll continue to see the noob "How do I install a skin" requests here.

All we need to know are:

1. The proper directory path for the skins package.
2. Any XML tags that require updating to reference the skins package.

Anyone?

TIA...
what platform xbmc live , windows linux or mac?
You can install many skins from an addon repository, in which case it's as easy as point and click.

To install manually from a zip file, in XBMC Addons section select the 'Install from zip file' option, browse to the file in question and you're done.

That covers 99% of available skins, but if neither of those is possible just ensure the skin folder is named skin.foo, where 'foo' is a word representing the skin (eg skin.aeon65) and place it in your addons folder, which is inside the XBMC folder (~/.xbmc/addons on linux, not sure on windows, probably within My Documents or AppData). You should rarely - if ever - have to install an addon this way though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone offering support on installing skins in Dharma?0