New to XBMC, getting Thumbnails to work
Hi everyone

I've bought an EeeBox and I'm loving it with XBMC. The only thing is that XBMC isnt showing thumbnails on my movies. I've them all in subfolders and .rar and when I open up the folder and browse the movie itself, it shows me the info and thumbnail, but on the movielist it just shows a folder.

If I save a thumbnail with folder.jpg it works, but I don't want to do this in over 100 movies Undecided

I've tried to browse the wiki and all I can find is that I need to create folder.jpg. Is there a plugin perhaps? or just a setting I've missed?
This should be a good starting point - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide. You need to add in your media sources and then scan them, XBMC will download all of the artwork for you once that is done.
-stoli-
I've done this but my Eeebox is just streaming from my server. Perhaps I need to run XBMC on the server aswell? in order for it to create the thumbnails and so forth?
So XBMC is installed on the Eeebox and you have (1) configured your sources on the Eeebox to the folders where your movies are stored on the server, (2) set content on those sources and (3) let xbmc scan those sources for the movies? Then there should be no problem... No need to install xbmc on the file server.
-stoli-
Yep!

EeeBox Xbmc points out my server as source
I set the content on that source. Tried to use folder name and file name
XBMC doesn't create any folder.jpg but as I said earlier, if I open the folder and browse the .mkv file itself, it shows the thumbnail and info and everything. But on the movielist I get squat Sad
found this good post http://blog.trlong.com/2009/09/xbmc-sett...e-library/
basicly it says that it wont show thumbnails on the movielist unless they have a folder.jpg. Annoying... there has to be a plugin for that
why have your movies in subfolders? why not just have a single folder named movies and put your video file in there? iv never once had a problem doing it this way
Switch to library mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

How did you add the shares to XBMC? If you manually typed the path (\\server\share) I've found it won't show my <movie name.jpg> art, however if when adding the sources I browse for the windows smb share (which adds smb: to the path name) then the images work.
as Jmarshall said (and the post I linked) it works if I go library mode. The problem is though that I have a folder for kid movies and one for normal movies and that one is password protected. If I go library mode then they can see all the movies.

Anyway, the reason why they are in subfolders is because the majority of the movies are still in .rar and so forth. Not all of them are in .mkv.

Chimera, that sounds weird... I might try that out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC, getting Thumbnails to work0