windows 7 + dharma slows down after couple of days
I'm using dharma on windows 7 64bit ION. I notice that when the system boots xbmc is very responsive. However after a couple of days uptime, things are alot slower.

Can anyone comment on why this is happening? I'm forced to reboot the system every couple of days, but I rather not.

btw. the movies always play smooth.
I've been noticing something like this lately too. After awhile, there's a long delay between, for example, pressing OK on the "Movies" on home screen, and actual movie list coming up.

(Home screen menu disappears immediately with selection sound, and then it takes up to 25 seconds with just the home screen background remaining before the movie list comes up.)

I guess to be more helpful I should add that I'm running on Win 7 64-bit also on an ION otherboard, ION330.
Using the same setup (win7 x64, xbmc 10.0, Revo 3610, SSD) and I have the same problem.

As said before, a reboot fixes things for a few days. I don't use sleep mode and never powerdown my htpc.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

win7 x64, xbmc 10.0, Revo 3610, SSD) -> same setup here.
Why not turn off your computer when you go to bed? seems a bit of a waste.
in my case it's a bit of lazyness, habit and simplicity

I never turned off my computers (ever since I got an internet connection at home 15 years ago)

Also it's easier for the kids and the wife when it is always on, they just have to turn the TV and the AMP on.

and for the green folks out there, I'm from canada and electricity here is really not expensive and it's powered by dams, so not much of a carbon footprint Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 + dharma slows down after couple of days0