dark or blurry playback with zotac hd id-11
I have a zotac hd-id11 with xbmc latest live cd version installed. every thing works fine including the hdmi audio. But I notice every thing is a bit dark, even paying with the brightness and contrast wont help. also and most important SD content seems to be blurry and dark, it looks like if I were watching a nintendo64 game with the antialiazing thing, I don't know how to describe it but they do not look good. I have an old xbox with xbmc installed and a boxeebox and they both play the same SD content fine (it does not look blurry nor dark). any idea what should i do or where to look.

thanks in advance:confused2:
I have the same setup and the same problem, I haven´t found any solution and might try win7 on my zbox instead. Have you found any solution to this?
I have 3 of these running Dharma 10.0 with out any issues at all. Not sure what to tell you to do. I would probably wipe it and do a brand new install.
You might try updating the Nvidia drivers. I just did and notice a increase in my brightness on all of my units. Prior to doing it, I would not have said it needed improving, but I am pleased with it.

This is what I did to update

Control-alt-f2 to get console and then user and pass word. Enter first line and then password if asked. Then enter next line and then last line.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings

When done do
Code:
sudo -s
reboot

I didn't have your same issues, but this might help.
Use Openelec, works flawlessly on my ID11
Geeba Wrote:Use Openelec, works flawlessly on my ID11

That's possibly a good option for them.

Just to note, they haven't reached Dharma 10 level yet. Not a big issue, but needed saying.

I myself considered Openelec, but since mine has worked out so well, I decided I didn't need too.
Tight_wad Wrote:That's possibly a good option for them.

Just to note, they haven't reached Dharma 10 level yet. Not a big issue, but needed saying.

I myself considered Openelec, but since mine has worked out so well, I decided I didn't need too.

Hmmm - its definately based on Dharma 10. My install is taged Pre 10.1

sraue is on TeamXBMC but builds his own small foot print version which he adds alot more driver support for devices such as the ID11 Zbox.
Geeba Wrote:Hmmm - its definately based on Dharma 10. My install is taged Pre 10.1

sraue is on TeamXBMC but builds his own small foot print version which he adds alot more driver support for devices such as the ID11 Zbox.

Cool if it is, I was just going by there website download page that says: Current Release: 0.99.3 (RC3)
Ahh pretty sure the 0.99.3 is their own build number.... a bit like XBMC4Xbox is badged as version 3.0 but is based on similar Dharma code.

Its all good! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dark or blurry playback with zotac hd id-110