In over my head with Lag and freezing
I've been coveting a good NAS+XBMC combo ever since reading about it. I just recently got one put together with some Christmas money. However I keep running into a problem while watching a movie at random times the movie will seem to become a tiny bit choppy and then soon after the whole movie will freeze and the buffering bar will come up. After a few seconds the buffering bar will not move and the movie will exit and I will end up back at my video library.

I am running xbmc on a Win 7 ultimate 64 box that is using an AMD 2x3.3GHz with a Nvidia GT430 connected via cat6 to a linksys E2000 running dd-wrt which is also connected to a Synology DS1010+ with all my files on that.

I'm not sure whats causing the problem and have no idea how to even check what is causing it. I really have no idea where to even start.
trumpy Wrote:I've been coveting a good NAS+XBMC combo ever since reading about it. I just recently got one put together with some Christmas money. However I keep running into a problem while watching a movie at random times the movie will seem to become a tiny bit choppy and then soon after the whole movie will freeze and the buffering bar will come up. After a few seconds the buffering bar will not move and the movie will exit and I will end up back at my video library.

I am running xbmc on a Win 7 ultimate 64 box that is using an AMD 2x3.3GHz with a Nvidia GT430 connected via cat6 to a linksys E2000 running dd-wrt which is also connected to a Synology DS1010+ with all my files on that.

I'm not sure whats causing the problem and have no idea how to even check what is causing it. I really have no idea where to even start.

Perhaps some kind of power saving is spinning down the drives on the NAS (seems strange when they are in use - but stranger things have happened) I would check my power settings first and make sure that there isn't anything that would spin down the drives or go into a power saving mode on the network cards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In over my head with Lag and freezing0