XBMC 10.0 Slower Than 9.11
Just curious, but has anyone else noticed the difference in the overall speed of Dharma? It is much slower than 9.11. I'm talking about general usage and navigation. i.e.(opening your library, browsing for SMB shares, loading a vid)
I have tested with clean installs of XP, Vista & 7(32&64) on 4 different machines. Also, I Tried different skins with different settings...
Code:
Machines tested:
1.) Cpu - i7 920(stock clock) (xp and 7-64)
     Graphics - nvidia gx260
     Ram - 6GB
2.) Cpu - i3 530(stock clock) (xp and 7-64)
     Graphics - built in gpu
     Ram - 8GB
3.) Cpu - e8400(stock clock) (xp, vista and 7-64)
     Graphics - nvidia 9300
     Ram - 4GB
4.) Cpu - Atom D525(stock clock) (xp and 7-32)
     Graphics - nvidia ION
     Ram - 2GB
All machines tested are perfectly capable and healthy.
The main purpose of these machines is to run XBMC with the exception of the i7(media server). Dharma seems to drag in comparison to Camelot on all machines. Sometimes, 2-4 seconds lag after a key is pressed before any action takes place.
If I had to choose between the new functionality of Dharma vs the speed of Camelot, I would have to go with Camelot. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining... I'm just curious if any one else has noticed this too.
Mine works just the same as always. When I press a button things happen when I press them. No delay that I've noticed, and I definitely would have as that's the sort of thing that would drive me up a wall.
@gl1i7ch there is definitely something wrong with your system, post a debug log for someone in the know to have a look at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.0 Slower Than 9.110