• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library
(2012-03-16, 00:25)Sentir101 Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 22:08)devkid Wrote: Also, is it needed to try both case versions here? It probably does not matter on Windows and on Linux the case of the input 'path' parameter should be the correct one anyway:
I think when the wrong case is requested the JSON-RPC request will fail on the XBMC side with an argument error, don't know for sure right now though and don't have the time to test it.
Sorry I was unclear I guess:
-I think on Windows it wont matter anyway when searching for the actual files.

-But on Linux I think it is not possible to add a source to XBMC that is using the wrong case in the first place. So I guess that on Linux all source strings in XBMC will have the correct case anyway. So you will never get wrong-case'd source strings in the python script. So nothing to worry about here.

-That would mean that the only place where you had to worry about cases would be on Windows in the function that finds the sources using 'startswidth'. When that 'startswidth' is case-insensitive, all should be fine. Thats at least my thinking currently...

(2012-03-16, 00:25)Sentir101 Wrote: EDIT: One more thing, did you try this with a TV source or a movie source, because I just saw I forgot to add the code to get_tv_sources
I did try with a movie source. I think its quite logical that it does not work because that strings wont match even if you correct the hostname:
smb://opteron185/films/
vs
smb://OPTERON185/Films/

Films <-> films
(2012-03-16, 00:34)devkid Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 00:25)Sentir101 Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 22:08)devkid Wrote: Also, is it needed to try both case versions here? It probably does not matter on Windows and on Linux the case of the input 'path' parameter should be the correct one anyway:
I think when the wrong case is requested the JSON-RPC request will fail on the XBMC side with an argument error, don't know for sure right now though and don't have the time to test it.
Sorry I was unclear I guess:
-I think on Windows it wont matter anyway when searching for the actual files.

-But on Linux I think it is not possible to add a source to XBMC that is using the wrong case in the first place. So I guess that on Linux all source strings in XBMC will have the correct case anyway. So you will never get wrong-case'd source strings in the python script. So nothing to worry about here.

-That would mean that the only place where you had to worry about cases would be on Windows in the function that finds the sources using 'startswidth'. When that 'startswidth' is case-insensitive, all should be fine. Thats at least my thinking currently...
Yeah, as you can see in my second edit of the last post, it does matter when searching for the files. The only solution I see here would be to use a case insensitive version of the list.difference function. Oh, and while unlikely the string_startswith_case_insensitive function could have unintended side effects on Linux(/case-sensitive OSes) when someone has two of the same sources only with a different case (so, one would actually be a different directory). Or I'm looking at it the wrong way, that's of course totally possible.

(2012-03-15, 22:08)devkid Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 00:25)Sentir101 Wrote: EDIT: One more thing, did you try this with a TV source or a movie source, because I just saw I forgot to add the code to get_tv_sources
I did try with a movie source. I think its quite logical that it does not work because that strings wont match even if you correct the hostname:
smb://opteron185/films/
vs
smb://OPTERON185/Films/

Films <-> films
Yeah, I should have paid more attention while reading the log because I didn't notice that..
(2012-03-16, 01:07)Sentir101 Wrote: Yeah, as you can see in my second edit of the last post, it does matter when searching for the files. The only solution I see here would be to use a case insensitive version of the list.difference function.
Hm, strange, for me it seemed to work though. Maybe my test was somehow bad. I will test again at the weekened and will try to find out the details.
Yeah a case-insensitive 'difference' would be the ultimate solution but I believe it does not exist. I have one other idea in mind that I will try out. Might be a stupid idea in the first place. Lets see.

(2012-03-16, 01:07)Sentir101 Wrote: Oh, and while unlikely the string_startswith_case_insensitive function could have unintended side effects on Linux(/case-sensitive OSes) when someone has two of the same sources only with a different case (so, one would actually be a different directory). Or I'm looking at it the wrong way, that's of course totally possible.
Right right, I am aware of that. We talked about that some days ago I believe and we agreed that it is an acceptable flaw? I doubt any sane person is using identical file or directory names that only differ in cases. To solve this it would mean you would have to use different code pathes to handle it on case-sensitive and case-insenstivie OSs. But its not worth it I think.

So I will surely play around with it at the weekend so I will report back...
Wow, never got the e-mail the thread was updated ... sorry Sentir101, for not posting the log you asked for. Tried 2.1.3b and it works fine for me now. Although I must say I have a new server now and this time I paid special attention to the file paths. Thanks!
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
I investigated the case problem a bit and it is as you said: When calling GetDirectory you get the same path as you put in. So I changed it to just put the correct case'd version in so no further correction needed.
When searching for sources I think it is sufficient to use the case insensitive startswith version.

Changes 2.1.3c-devkid:
-fixed case problem (hopefully for real)
-fixed problem with stacked sources

Download

PS.
Is it me or is it not longer possible to attach files to posts?
(2012-03-18, 22:04)devkid Wrote: I investigated the case problem a bit and it is as you said: When calling GetDirectory you get the same path as you put in. So I changed it to just put the correct case'd version in so no further correction needed.
When searching for sources I think it is sufficient to use the case insensitive startswith version.

Changes 2.1.3c-devkid:
-fixed case problem (hopefully for real)
-fixed problem with stacked sources

Works for me, nice trick by the way. (Took me a while to get it though Tongue)

Small issue with 2.1.3c-devkid. When you make a favorite of the plugin, the text is gone when loading the favorite. Doesn't happen with 2.1.3b.

(2012-03-19, 23:32)Raytestrak Wrote: Small issue with 2.1.3c-devkid. When you make a favorite of the plugin, the text is gone when loading the favorite. Doesn't happen with 2.1.3b.

I'll have a look if that also/still happens with 2.2.0 (the version I'm working on now, I'll probably release it somewhere tonight (GMT+1))
Took me a little bit longer, but here it is.

Changelog 2.2.0:
  • Added: Progress updates during scans
  • Added: Strings for the progress updates for Dutch and English

Raytestrak: I can't reproduce your problem in my version, if it still persists I'd suggest removing the favourite and adding it again.
(2012-03-21, 18:12)Sentir101 Wrote: [*] Added: Progress updates during scans
Yay thats cool! Something I wanted too for some time. Thanks!

@Raytestrak:
I will test that but I have no idea really how that could be related to my changes.

Btw, a download link to the latest version Big Grin:
Download
2.2.0 doesn't work for me. It chrashes on Missing episodes (if I read the progress bar correctly, it crashed on the point where it switches sources, I have one share for Series and one for Anime).

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/pEgn2Uag

Sorry it's a full debug, but I have xmbc logging set to -1 in my advancedsettings.xml, so your plugin only logs when I enable full debug in the gui.

@devkid. I only had the problem with your 2.1.3c. The text was gone in the plugin when starting it as a favorite. It still worked though. When running it from video addons it worked fine.

(2012-03-21, 18:28)devkid Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 18:12)Sentir101 Wrote: [*] Added: Progress updates during scans
Yay thats cool! Something I wanted too for some time. Thanks!

@Raytestrak:
I will test that but I have no idea really how that could be related to my changes.

Btw, a download link to the latest version Big Grin:
Download
And thank you for posting the download link I forgot xD

(2012-03-21, 23:02)Raytestrak Wrote: 2.2.0 doesn't work for me. It chrashes on Missing episodes (if I read the progress bar correctly, it crashed on the point where it switches sources, I have one share for Series and one for Anime).

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/pEgn2Uag

Sorry it's a full debug, but I have xmbc logging set to -1 in my advancedsettings.xml, so your plugin only logs when I enable full debug in the gui.

@devkid. I only had the problem with your 2.1.3c. The text was gone in the plugin when starting it as a favorite. It still worked though. When running it from video addons it worked fine.
Seems to be a Unicode problem.

Changelog 2.2.1:
  • Fixed: Unicode problem in the progress dialogs
Download
(2012-03-21, 23:35)Sentir101 Wrote: Seems to be a Unicode problem.

Changelog 2.2.1:
  • Fixed: Unicode problem in the progress dialogs
Download

Doesn't work, sorry ...

http://pastebin.com/qrQcaKu0

Thanks and kudos to both of you for your continued efforts on this project.

Looks like it is almost perfect :-)

Worked great for me. Windows XP with a networked drive. I'm sure if I tried it on the ubuntu box I'll get the same results.

In a previous post it was mentioned that trailers might be a problem.
They definitely generated a large output file :-)
I just recently started collecting trailer files for my collection. Links to Trailers for my older movies are disappearing so I'm downloading them and storing them with the movie.

Each of these trailers is showing as movies that got missed. If you could fix that it would be awesome.

I use the standard format of no spaces between the movie filename and the dash trailer tag. (it seems to help with other add-ons compatibility)
eg. avatar.mkv and avatar-trailer.mov etc., so It was not too much trouble to read each line of the output file and ignore it if was a trailer.It left me with less than a dozen missing movies :-)

but if you want to be thorough xbmc will add the trailer button when it sees the "Moviename" followed by [-._ ](sample|trailer)[-._ ] and a valid extension.

examples:

I have not tested the last two (just going by previous versions) on eden.

Hope this helps.

And keep up the great work.
Well, I dont use trailers myself but here is a first version that should omit trailers:
Download

I wont be surprised if there are filenames that do not match as expected so feel free to report back when something goes wrong...
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library2