• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library
The simplest way to do it would be to restart XBMC to get a fresh log file, then run the plugin, and send me that version of the log.
Hiram Wrote:@PatK, I can infer from your log that you haven't run my plugin.

@chrisvilla and sladinki007, the problem was in the way that XBMC stores the information to such vob files. XBMC actually stores the path to the ifo file, so now my plugin has been fixed to support this.

Works a dream Big Grin
Hi!
Thanks for the plugin! Found a lot of missing movies. Smile

However, the special one I was looking for could not be played properly. The movie started like 1/3 after the beginning and lasted only for 1.5 min or so (a 44 min stand up comedy show). I noticed another movie I was missing was behaving the same.

Is that an error within the plugin or within XBMC? Also I tried to extract the movie from the RAR archive, placed it within a different folder name (more simple) and renamed the movie to the same name as the folder. Then I was able to play it properly from your plugin. The movie was however still not found in the Movie window of XBMC though.
Hi Benke01,

I'd say that the problem you're experiencing is something to do with XBMC as my plugin does not handle playing content directly.
Hello, is this plugin available in the addon repositories (for dharma)? I got I little confused about which version should I download in this thread Smile

Thanks! I was looking for this functionality for some tome Wink
Hi fschnack, no it's not in the addon repos, I'm not sure how to add them there. If you'd like to do that, go for it! Tongue

I'll always put the latest version in the first post, so download 2.0.16 and give it a go!
I got an error 'contact the dev', while entering the movies section.
Tvshows are appearing, but those shows are not missing in my library.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
@ubuntuf4n Could you post a log please?
Want to find movies or TV shows not scraped into the XBMC library? Check out the Missing Movie Plugin!

I write other cool software! Check it out at github.com/nathan-hoad
hiram, i'll do that later on.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hiram Wrote:Hi fschnack, no it's not in the addon repos, I'm not sure how to add them there. If you'd like to do that, go for it! Tongue

I'll always put the latest version in the first post, so download 2.0.16 and give it a go!

I don't think anyone other than the author can submit an addon to the repo. If you would like to do so yourself, here is a page that explains how. Basically, you just email them with the format they layout there and ask them to add your script.

Now on a completely unrelated note...

I find it interesting that in your first post you say that it is impossible for smb shares to work. I tried out the very first version of your script when you first released it, and while there were problems, it did work quite well for my tv shows (and all of my movies and TV shows are on remote smb shares). It actually helped me find quite a few shows that hadn't scanned in. Is there a reason why it would have worked then with smb but now it doesn't? I did just try the newest version of the script and it just comes back with "could not detect TV paths" as I'm sure you would expect.
Uhh, where is the page? Haha I don't see a link.

The reason I say that it doesn't work with smb shares is that Python doesn't natively support them, so I can't handle them. If you're mounting your Samba shares as network drives, then I think they should work pretty well.

That's in my experience though, using Samba shares from a Linux machine to another Linux machine. It may very well work for people using Samba between two Windows machines, which would be great news! But I don't have any Windows computers so I can't actively test it.
Want to find movies or TV shows not scraped into the XBMC library? Check out the Missing Movie Plugin!

Doh! I could have sworn I pasted in the link. Here it is, anyhow

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...nt_updates

Regarding the smb shares....

I'm just confused I guess as to why smb worked for me on earlier versions of the script if it's not technically able to handle it? I'm running xmbc live and the shares are on a linux-based NAS
Hiram Wrote:Okay, castortray, please, read the first post:

As I've stated, this is a lack of support from XBMC. It is completely out of my control.

If you desperately want this feature, contact the developers of XBMC and make a feature request.

hi there!

i don't know where you see that, i'm using smb share in most of my plugin, my htpc doesn't mount any share and all is working like a charm.

when executing python in xbmc it has access to xbmc vfs, so smb:// is working there.
Thanks for that timdog! I'll look into that when I get a bit of time.

Well, there's nothing in my code that prevents Samba shares from working. I don't block them or anything, so they should be picked up like normal and at least attempt to be handled.

If you guys are prepared to help me (by doing testing, posting logs and whatnot), I can try and figure out the problem regarding it not detecting Samba shares properly for whatever reason and we could get them working.

Also, thanks for clarifying that ppic. Basically every thing I looked up regarding Python supporting Samba shares (through Google) stated that this functionality didn't exist.

Just found this plugin and it is exactly what I was looking for, except for the fact that I am running xbmc on an apple tv 2 with an SMB share =P But I will try it and post logs if it doesn't work. Thanks a lot for writing this.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library2