xbmc volume problem
i'm running the newest verison of xbmc, i have the volume withink xbmc all the way up. all of my content's sound is very low. if i play the same exact video through vlc the sound is about twice as loud, it is very frustrating and i have no idea what the problem is, any help would be appreciated.
If I remember correctly some one complained about this and was told to adjust his receivers volume to a comfortable level then control the sound from within xbmc. And that's it, if you feel that's not satisfactory then pursue your case as you see fit :-)

Regards,
EG.
id ont' think you understand the problem. the problem is i have th evolume all the way up on the receiver, my computer and xbmc and the volume is way too low, playing through vlc or anything else give me the desired volume. volume is set to max in xbmc, but it must be an xbmc problem
a longshot..but what about the volumesetting in windows? check the volumemixer when playing a file in xbmc..
Hello,

I have got the same problem as described above. Sound from XMBC player is about 20 DB lower than the same from MPC, VLC or any other player. I cannot find any XMBC specific control button to adjust this.

Has anyone the solution to this issue?

Best regards

François
tried enabling boost volume on downmix in your audio settings?
Do you use a digital output or analog?
If you use digital you have to change that settings too in the system setup screen.
If I use analog my audio volume is way lower too...
change it to digital spdif or hdmi whatever you have connected..
Thanks everybody for helping, but I have got the solution from the support, after having submitted a ticket. And solution is really obvious : to control output volume from XBMC, one have to use two keys on the keyboard.

I had to press "+" key, and volume went higher.

I found this very usefull page, which presents all keyboards controls :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

Friendly

François
Grenelle, in your opening post you said that the volume in XBMC already was all the way up, but now you say that the solution was to put the volume up in XBMC?
gollumscave Wrote:Grenelle, in your opening post you said that the volume in XBMC already was all the way up, but now you say that the solution was to put the volume up in XBMC?

grenelle was not the op, i was. i still don't knwo what the problem was, but since then i got a new video card w/ hdmi and since connecting through hdmi i have not had the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc volume problem0