[WINDOWS] XBMC integrated UPnP Media Server and Windows Power Management?
I have an XBMC on Windows setup in the living room which holds my library. I have another XBMC machine [live] in the bedroom which just streams content from the living room machine via UPnP.

I have the living room machine set to hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity.

For some reason, the XBMC living room machine does not "know" it is streaming via UPnP and follows the hibernate rule, but not necessarily after 15 minutes. It seems more random than that (but I'm always about to fall asleep, so who knows). In any event, in the middle of streaming it seems to always kill the stream and hibernate.

Any ideas/thoughts?
Really? No one else has this issue? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
patrickhills Wrote:I have an XBMC on Windows setup in the living room which holds my library. I have another XBMC machine [live] in the bedroom which just streams content from the living room machine via UPnP.

I have the living room machine set to hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity.

For some reason, the XBMC living room machine does not "know" it is streaming via UPnP and follows the hibernate rule, but not necessarily after 15 minutes. It seems more random than that (but I'm always about to fall asleep, so who knows). In any event, in the middle of streaming it seems to always kill the stream and hibernate.

Any ideas/thoughts?

not super related but i wrote an invisible powershell script that is always running on my server that prevents sleep if there is x amount activity on the nic (for me its set to 50KB/s) because i have other apps that windows seems to ignore an just goes to sleep while they are mid download or upload. works well enough for me.

you might want to look into something like that
DK10 Wrote:not super related but i wrote an invisible powershell script that is always running on my server that prevents sleep if there is x amount activity on the nic (for me its set to 50KB/s) because i have other apps that windows seems to ignore an just goes to sleep while they are mid download or upload. works well enough for me.

you might want to look into something like that

I'm not sure if that would work for me. I'm not relying on windows to manage power. I have it set to always on, with XBMC controlling idle time and then hibernate. I do this because I always want the XBMC machine to turn off regardless of any torrenting or anything else going on.

It seems to me having it setup like this, XBMC should know if the UPnP server is actively streaming video and not turn itself off.
Hmmm, if it's XBMC controlling the power saving then this does look like a bug. I must admit I assumed from your initial post that you had Windows managing the power saving. It might be worth posting a bug report on trac.xbmc.org.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC integrated UPnP Media Server and Windows Power Management?0