Strange cover art
I've set up xbmc with my iTunes music folder, because I organize my music with iTunes Smile

This is an example of how most of my albums are displayed, pretty good:

But... with 5-10% of my albums I see a weird black and white "barcode-like" cover art. I've checked all those albums in iTunes and they all have correct cover art. I even changed the cover art a few times, but I keep getting the same weird image in xbmc.

Image Image

I don't think it's because of the skin.. since the xbmc webUI has the same problem:

I use the Aeon MQ2 skin by the way, on a windows 7 32-bit pc. But I don't think that this info matters

if anyone can help me, i'll be thankful!
Don't say "ditch iTunes, it's crap" Big Grin It's because of my iPhone & iPod's that i keep my music organized with it.
sorry to come without an answer, but I, too, used a copy of my iTunes folder and on only 4 or 5 of about 1400 albums did I get the same bar-code like image. I don't know why and was able to rescrape to get the proper art. My folder is static with only minimal manual pushes so I don't refresh that often so nothing has revert back.
Hehe, I have this problem with 40-50 albums so It's really bothering me. I can set up a local image cover file in XBMC, but it's a lot of work. And now and then, when I add an album to itunes, there's a chance of 1 out of 10 that it's a bar-code like image Sad

Maybe the mp3's have some corrupt bytes.. I hope someone can find a solution. I can't rescrape most of those albums, because most of the affected albums can't be found with the scraper.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try to:
* Add an folder.jpg and see if he picks that up
* I'll try converting an album to new mp3 files and reimport it into itunes. Should solve it if the mp3 & id-tags were corrupt
* If nothing works, I'll manually locate the cover files for those albums

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange cover art0