[WINDOWS] How to output audio through HDMI and S/PDIF simultaneously?
Question 
I have two A/V setups connected to my HTPC using a HDMI-switch and S/PDIF...
Room 1: DLP projector (HDMI) and surround reciever (S/PDIF)
Room 2: LCD TV (HDMI)

My former TViX box had no problem sending audio out over both HDMI and S/PDIF simultaneously. But this seems to be much tougher to achieve using xbmc? I can switch manually in xbmc but there are quite a few settings that must be changed (4 or 5 each time I believe, and sometimes xbmc must be restarted).

First choice would be to always output to both. Can that be done?
Second choice to make it easier to switch between the two outputs. Any tips? (addon or script maybe?)

The HTPC is running xbmc 10.0 and Windows 7 x64.
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
Cthugha Wrote:I have two A/V setups connected to my HTPC

First choice would be to always out put to both. Can that be done?
Second choice to make it easier to switch between the two outputs. Any tips?

The HTPC is running xbmc 10.0 and Windows 7 x64.
1 - yes it can be done by running the dual audio patch version. Search the forums
2 - make two profiles which differ only in the audio output but further share all the media and other settings, then you can login into the one you need.

Regards,

Joop
OriginNG Wrote:1 - yes it can be done by running the dual audio patch version. Search the forums
2 - make two profiles which differ only in the audio output but further share all the media and other settings, then you can login into the one you need.

Regards,

Joop
Thank you for the reply. I did search but didn't find the post you're referring to. Could it be this one?
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038

I guess I searched for both HDMI and S/PDIF, and this post doesn't seem to mention HDMI. Do you know if that will work too? It does look promising Smile Will test it tonight!

EDIT: Tested and works great!! I'm now able to simultaneously output both 2ch stereo over HDMI to my TV and 5.1ch over S/PDIF to my reciever. No more manual switching Smile This patch should be included into xbmc by default!
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] How to output audio through HDMI and S/PDIF simultaneously?1