[Windows] Forcing the computer to stay at 1080p
Hardware is a Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 running the Nvidia Ion and latest drivers.

I run all video and audio through HDMI. My resolution is 1920x1080 @ 60hz, although, the Nvidia control panel allows me to adjust for my Plasma's "overscan", so it's set to something like 1904x1042 (guess).

The problem is, when I turn the TV off or the Receiver off, the computer senses that the HDMI has been unplugged, so it defaults back 1024x768, every time. Once I turn the TV back on, it goes back to my set resolution, but any full screen app, such as XBMC is usually off-centered or thrown over into the corner where I can't see it. It's also a tiny bit of a problem because if I'm listening to music and I decide to turn the TV off and leave the receiver going, there's a 10-second silence for each time I turn the TV off or on, so that the computer can re-configure the resolution.

So basically, I want to lock the resolution to what has been set, I don't want windows (or Nvidia) to keep changing things around every time I turn on and off my TV.
XBMC Dharma 10.0, Transparency Skin, Windows 7, Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11 w/ION, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Gyration KB/Remote
Sounds like you need a different fullscreen mode:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90087

I have always found Windows resolution settings a bit finicky. E.G. When I first got my laptop it would remember how I liked the settings when using an external screen, and would automatically apply them when I plugged one in. A couple of months ago, it stopped doing that, and now I have to manually set it up everytime.

If that's how it behaves, I can't think of any way around that in software. I know it's a bit of a kludge, but if it's really bugging you that much, try getting a HDMI switch. This may trick the PC into thinking a display is still attached.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
poofyhairguy Wrote:Sounds like you need a different fullscreen mode:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90087

That doesn't seem to be the case, XBMC remains in full-screen mode throughout, it never returns to window mode on its own. However, once the TV is turned back on, the XBMC full-screen frame will no longer be centered. Sometimes, the resolution sticks at 1024x768 until XBMC is closed and re-opened. I'll see if I can get some pics.
XBMC Dharma 10.0, Transparency Skin, Windows 7, Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11 w/ION, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Gyration KB/Remote
Oh....I know whats going on. The handshake is being dropped. What brand and model is your receiver? My friend's Denon gave me fits about that when I built him a XBMC box. My solution was to plug the HTPC straight to the TV and use optical to carry sound to the receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Forcing the computer to stay at 1080p0