Installed from Live - Low Sound - HELP!
Alright guys:

I'm not sure what to call my install, I installed it from the live CD so I'm pretty sure thats the linux install.

I'm running XBMC 10.0

I've upgraded from a previous release, and now my sound level has dropped dramatically. I have the volume all the way up in XBMC and my TV volume all the way up and can still barely hear it. Its not the movies because they were plenty loud before and are plenty fine on any of the windows based computers I play from.

I can play sound fine from W7 laptop ---> TV but not XBMC pc ----> TV

Im coming out of a standard headphone/speaker jack into red and white RCA into the back of the tv.

Ive never had this problem before. HELP PLEASE!

Oh and Im using a WMC Remote or keyboard for imput.
I'm no expert, but try this in XBMC go to programs then audio mixer. From there you can see the sound levels and raise them if they are set too low.
I have had the same problems with really low sound levels both during movie playback and music playback.

I have tried everything but no matter what i did with alsamixer the sound was really low.

I'm using HDMI from box to TV with no other fancy setup.

By adding a audio tweak to my advancedsettings.xml file my sound levels was suddenly back to normal !!

NB! for linux systems only!

To test if this helps you do the following from terminal:
Code:
sudo nano /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Add the following section to this file:
Code:
<audio>
  <headroom>12</headroom>
</audio>

Reboot the xbmc box or restart xbmc to check if your audio levels are back to normal !
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed from Live - Low Sound - HELP!0