Question for the developers (coding FF/RW)
i'm trying to implement fast forward and rewind. and i believe i'm close to completing it, but i'm running into one problem i can't seem to solve. i can get to film to ff and rw but i can't see the frames move. i can hear the audio speeding up and when i go back to normal speed, the picture then comes in. i do the same thing in mplayer and it works, you see the frames flying by. right now, don't know how to fix...need some suggestions.
Exclamation 
i'm not a coder but i suggest you take a look at the xboxmediaplayer code as it works Huh ...btw, please mute audio on ffrd/rwd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamester, i think i figured out a way around it now. i tried a video with no audio and it ff/rw just fine...show if i temporary shut the audio off while it's ff/rwing, it will work. all mplayer has to do is resync it
hehe, cool Image the needed feature of no audio with ffwd/frw actually solved it. btw, make ffwd x2, x4, x8, x16, x32 & x64
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sounds cool dfangel
ff/rw has been on my 2do list 2 long

i see you uploaded your patch 2 sf already
gonna test it asap and let you know!
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
im very impressed with this path! please add it into cvs!!!
i think the prob. with if you rw to the begining you have to press play is a minor and can be solved "on the road"...
its in cvs.
it works, however you dont have any visual feedback
maybe dfangel can add the following things:
1. show ff 4x or rw x onscreen during ff/rw
2. show the current time/total time of the movie?
3. or... even better copy&paste the control panel from xbmp into xbmc

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
hi folks,

this is great! hope i'm not being too forward, but would it be possible to hack together tivo-style reflex compensation when exiting ff/rw? the tivo will automatically jump back a few seconds after exiting high-speed playback to make up for human reaction time. i've never really seen this implemented on a non-pvr before, and it would be great. Image

the closest thing i could find to describe what i mean is this thread on the mythtv mailing list that provides patches for this functionality: http://tinyurl.com/2pqsj

while i'm add it, i might as well offer my opinion of the display... show the progress bar and put glyphs either under the "current location" indicator (>, >>, >>>, >>>> for fw, etc) or in an upper corner of the screen. the numbers 16x, 64x, etc always confuse my girlfriend.

oh, and when rw is hit while fwing, please lower the fw speed (for example, >>> + < = >>). that makes it real easy to speed up and slow down.

thanks for a great patch!

- g
yes, to go back a few sec would be nice...
Exclamation 
(goataz @ jan. 29 2004,10:05 Wrote:while i'm add it, i might as well offer my opinion of the display... show the progress bar and put glyphs either under the "current location" indicator (>, >>, >>>, >>>> for fw, etc) or in an upper corner of the screen. the numbers 16x, 64x, etc always confuse my girlfriend.
i think that is a matter of taste (and personaly i would not like to see glyphs instead of words and digits), so maybe do both?:

ff x 2 >>
ff x 4 >>
ff x 8 >>>
ff x 16 >>>
ff x 32 >>>>
ff x 64 >>>>

rw x 2 <<
rw x 4 <<
rw x 8 <<<
rw x 16 <<<
rw x 32 <<<<
rw x 64 <<<<

btw, is ff/rw at x64 too high for xbox/mplayer to cope?, maybe set max to x32? or just max x32 when from dvd-rom drive?

oh, and while we are on the subject of glyphs, please add the word "pause" when pause video, so one does not just see "||"
(gamester17 @ jan. 30 2004,11:36 Wrote:oh, and while we are on the subject of glyphs, please add the word "pause" when pause video, so one does not just see "||"
its just a picture. why dont you do one yourself...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question for the developers (coding FF/RW)0