Screen Saver
hi all,

i've just submitted a patch to sourceforge which gives an idle activity screen saver. pretty basic stuff to be honest, i just drop the gamma map down to 7% - when a button/trigger/etc. is pressed on the pad i restore the gamma map back to it's original state. end user can configure the timeout length (in seconds) in the xboxmediacentre.xml file. obviously leave things well alone when fullscreen video is playing or when the visualisation is active.

hope this is of interest, now i've got an idea on how it all hangs together i'll start looking into something a bit more complicated Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanx a lot forza,
i integrated it in cvs
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
forza: maybe you wanna look into adding and advanced screensaver too. maybe the matrix screensaver from mxm? :d
--> http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=817632
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sure - i'll take a look. are they hosting their source anywhere in particular? 'usual places' seems a bit poorly at the moment so can't check there. Sad
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(forza @ jan. 11 2004,23:29 Wrote:sure - i'll take a look. are they hosting their source anywhere in particular? 'usual places' seems a bit poorly at the moment so can't check there. Sad
yeah its not easy to find source although it is opensource (gpl). i uploaded it here. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
cool - many thanks for that. i'll have a play and see what i can come up with ...

seems you did it, but it's not full screen on pal. (matrix saver)
could you take a look at it?

thanx for the great work, looks awesome.
is it full width, but not full height?

yep the high is the problem. there is a 40pixel at the bottom in pal. if its hard to adjust it to resolutions maybe you can just make it uberbig. i think it wouldn't matter if the glyphs start and end offscreen.
thanks for that; i'll check it out tonight.

fixed.

great job forza! i really like it.

don't know if i'm right here but i believe that when the matrix scr is running i can still see the background shine through. in the black areas i can see traces of the album art and the round retro icon on the start screen of the retro skin. is there some kind of gamma or alpha channel (don't really know what i'm talking about here but still) that isn't really set to 100% black or something?

/floink
umm - it does use alpha channels to fade the characters out (and the screen that was showing when it activated) - can't say i've seen this behaviour myself, but then maybe i'm not looking hard enough Smile i'll check it out ...

oh another thing i noticed: dim and black screen does the same for me. both end in a black screen the second they start.

and another thing. the screensaver won't start for some ppl (same for me, but now it works and i don't know why). any idea why it won't work for some ppl.
though it's small, i can see the difference here.

@forza: maybe the difference between 7%dim and black is to small? or even better; an adjustable value?

@hullebulle: maybe obvious but; have you tried adjusting your tvs brightness/contrast to see if that is why you don't see the difference?

/floink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Saver0