XBMC and FreeNAS
FishOil Wrote:Someone can correct me if i am wrong but you likely had scene release NFO's and they wouldn't work with XBMC anyway.

Ah, alright. I was not sure if the .nfo files from scene releases on private trackers and usenet would work... I assumed they did! I guess I am wrong.

Either way, what should I use to clean up my media library metadata! I would like complete info on my files for my HTPC. Big Grin
bmcclure937 Wrote:Ah, alright. I was not sure if the .nfo files from scene releases on private trackers and usenet would work... I assumed they did! I guess I am wrong.

Either way, what should I use to clean up my media library metadata! I would like complete info on my files for my HTPC. Big Grin

If everything is already scraped correctly you can export to individual files. The NFO's will be placed in the correct season and movie directory.
FishOil Wrote:If everything is already scraped correctly you can export to individual files. The NFO's will be placed in the correct season and movie directory.

Could you expand on this process? Things seem to be scraped fine, but I would like to complete some parts of the NFO (like audio type on some files, or movie studio, etc.)
bmcclure937,

I am using FreeNAS and though I plan to start using NFS soon, I already had UPnP up and running to my PS3. XBMC has had no problems pulling from that. UPnP has been good for me as I have several different devices in the house that take advantage of that protocol.

I too have to clean up my media library. Long ago I ripped a lot of movies to individual folders with the VOBs inside and it seems that nothing wants to play a whole directory seemlessly. I think I will have to re-rip to ISO, which the PS3 doesn't support and use the XBMC solely for movies now.

Unkis
I've been thinking about something for the past few days and it's probably the most ridiculous thing you'll ever read and I'm kinda embarrassed of asking, but I'm still not sure about the answer, so here it goes.

Would it be possible to run FreeNAS and XMBC on the same machine? Maybe each one installed on a different drives.
It is not possible to boot into 2 OS unless you are using virtualization. You could set up a virtual environment and accomplish this...

Or you could simply use Ubuntu with XBMC.
bmcclure937 Wrote:It is not possible to boot into 2 OS unless you are using virtualization. You could set up a virtual environment and accomplish this...

Or you could simply use Ubuntu with XBMC.

then would it be possible to virtualize FreeNAS?
monkeyvsmonkey Wrote:then would it be possible to virtualize FreeNAS?

Yes. They have VMWare images available for download.

FreeNAS for x64
FreeNAS for x86
bmcclure937 Wrote:Yes. They have VMWare images available for download.

FreeNAS for x64
FreeNAS for x86

Awesome! Will try that.

Thanks ;D
Ok i tried to get the NFS shares to work but i get this message:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on freenas:/mnt/2tb,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

Here is the code that im trying to use:

freenas:/mnt/3tb /mnt/media/3tb nfs defaults 0 0
freenas:/mnt/2tb /mnt/media/2tb nfs defaults 0 0
freenas:/mnt/2tbRz1/2tbZfsRZ1 /mnt/media/2tbz nfs defaults 0 0

Its the same basic code in using on a debain box that does work correctly:

freenas:/mnt/3tb /mnt/3tbR5 nfs defaults 0 0
freenas:/mnt/2tb /mnt/2tb nfs defaults 0 0
freenas:/mnt/2tbRz1/2tbZfsRZ1 /mnt/2tbRZ1 nfs defaults 0 0
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and FreeNAS1