Trying to roll my own XBMC
Hi everyone. This is a really basic question for programmers out there. Essentially, I am just tired of reinstalling xbmc, then my skins, then plugins, additional repos, etc. so I wanted to see if I could make my own version.

I followed the guide to compile it from source, and performed it successfully. Now, when I tried to stick in my own "Advancedsettings.xml" file, in the userdata folder of the source xbmc directory, and recompile the installer, it didn't work (I reinstalled xbmc on my system, and checked the userdata folder). Any hints, or guides that someone could point me to that kind of explains how to do that?

P.S. - I know this is more development, and feel free to move it. I just thought its a basic question, so it shouldn't clutter that forum up. :p
its not really development related.
The way you could do something like this would be to modify the .nsi installer. For including the directory required for it.
Of course using -p when you create the link will be needed to stick file in your xbmc directory unless you want to figure out how to get that value from a .nsi script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to roll my own XBMC0