XBMC Dharma not scraping my Music library.
I've run into a problem with XBMC Dharma not scraping my music library. I haven't been updating XBMC on my Apple TV for months, and recently decided to check out the new version. I started off by deleting my entire /XBMC folder so that the new install would start fresh with a newly made library.

Anyways, pointing XBMC to my Movies and TV Show folders (on an external HDD plugged into the Apple TV USB port), works perfectly. I point to where the media is and the window pops up asking me what type of content is at that location, what database do I want to use as a scraper, etc. The problem with the Music library is when I point it to the folder it adds the folder but never gives me the pop up window that asks me what the content is, or which scraper to use, etc. So the library never builds. I can access all the music in file mode by going to the individual album folders, so it's recognizing the folders, just not giving me that pop up window to set the content type and begin a library scan.

Running XBMC Dharma 10.0 r35648 (Compiled: Dec 1, 2010)
Launcher Version: 3.2.5
Using the uname -m command it gave me i386 as the architecture.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ssv8qLiq
I also am having a similar problem. After transferring all my movies via FTP into my local movies directory on my ATV (all the movies are *.m4v files, and put into the /Movies directory for dharma to find and use), I get no movie meta-data being scrapped. No cover art, no titles, no descriptions. Nothing.

How do I get this data to be properly scrapped from the movies themselves? ITUNES can scrape it fine. XBOX can scrape it fine. WMP can scrape it fine.

Only XBMC has a problem with pulling the meta data from the file. Is there a setting that I am not properly running?
Context Menu -> Scan to library. You don't have to setup scrapers for the music library, and I always suggest you scan without any online lookups first anyway.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Context Menu -> Scan to library. You don't have to setup scrapers for the music library, and I always suggest you scan without any online lookups first anyway.

How do I get to the context menu on the Apple TV? I see the manual says to press C on the keyboard but all I have for the Apple TV is the remote. I figured this was all I had to do but couldn't find the Scan to Library option anywhere.
Ok I figured out holding the menu button will bring up the context menu for the folder with all m music in it. The problem now is there's no option for "Scan to Library". There is however an option for "Stop Scanning" which would lead me to believe that means it is currently scanning the music folder, but nothing is coming up as scanned. I tried "Stop Scanning" figuring it would then allow me to select "Scan to Library" but I don't get that option still.

Here are the options I get when I bring up the context menu

Edit Source
Make Default
Remove Source
Choose Thumbnail
Clear Default
Add Source
Add to Favourites
Stop Scanning
Settings.
Ok. Scoured the forum and saw a suggestion to delete guisettings.xml

Seems to have done the trick. For some reason the scanning was hung up and I couldn't stop/restart it from the context menu.

Thanks for the help jmarshall.
I am having the same problem except it is not updating movies located on my NAS. It updates Tv Shows no problem.

Where do I find the guisettings.xml file to delete?
tried deleting that guisettings.xml file. It did nothing.
Maybe this is a known issue?
Maybe your issue has nothing to do with the OP's problem. Troubleshoot it via a debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Dharma not scraping my Music library.0