Skin screenshots
Hi. I've begun updating this wiki page, that shows skin screenshot comparison between different skins.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_Screenshots

This is very useful to new users such as myself, to find a skin that suites individual tastes, since there are so many excellent but different skins out there.

I'm just taking what I can find here on the forums, please fill in the blanks and improve if there are newer screenshots etc - I don't test all skins myself! Smile

regards, Artur

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
Great idea, ameinild

Although it might be better to group them the other way. Like, say, all the skins' home screens in one row. Also, I noticed you use showcase views for for some skins and wall views for others. Not a fair comparision.
Well, the wiki page was already there, and this was the setup present - I'm just filling in at the moment. As for some screenshots having different viewtypes - I'm using what I can find, but of course the skin authors are more than welcome to upload their favorite screenshot instead! Big Grin
But yes, I also think the page deserves more attention, as it is a handy and quick guide to picking a skin to try at home...

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
nice work ameinild.
i've read a lot of user complaints recently about the wiki being out of date
and new users are often confused which skins will work with XBMC Dharma.

for this reason i've removed Aeon from the list.
Aeon mods (65 / MQ2 / Showmix / NOX) are fine though.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That's ok! The problem is I couldn't find any Aeon65 screenshots right away, but when I find some, they should of course be added... Smile

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
I created the screenshots wiki page last year, but never got around to finishing all the screenshots

Thanks for continuing the work!
Great! At least I'll do mine to keep it updated, so people can make a qualified choice among all the great skins found here...

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
I am glad someone is taking action on this! I was about to post a thread recommending that all skin subforums have a stickied topic including screenshots! Using the wiki seems like a great idea Big Grin

As a new user, I would like to quickly see comparisons between different skins. Cool
It would also be nice to compare the functionality and view types of the skins. For example, I notice that some of the skins have the weather display on the home screen, others do not, and some have an option to toggle this.

I have also noticed that some skins have a minimal hardware monitor. Are there any recommendations for a good hardware monitor that integrates with the skin (for XBMC Live)? Wink

Awesome!
Ok, I did the rest of the skins, with at least one screenshot of each. However, I bummed with Rapier (Qualar MOD) - could only find Movies view, but made it as Home, and I can't find where to delete an image...
I still think it would be nice if skin designers or others fill in the blanks, or improve upon the screenshots that I could find - pick your favorite view of each...
Enjoy!

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
it would be nice to have some videos of skins also.. why not make an xbmc youtube channel and then link it or put the videos on the site. that way poeple can see the skin in action also.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
nice work!
ameinild Wrote:Hi. I've begun updating this wiki page, that shows skin screenshot comparison between different skins.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_Screenshots

This is very useful to new users such as myself, to find a skin that suites individual tastes, since there are so many excellent but different skins out there.

I'm just taking what I can find here on the forums, please fill in the blanks and improve if there are newer screenshots etc - I don't test all skins myself! Smile

regards, Artur

Very nice work as I was just looking for the exact type of information...
uncertainty Wrote:Very nice work as I was just looking for the exact type of information...

thanks - that's the same reason I created it - I wanted to be able to see all the popular skins in one spot, but since I couldnt find it anywhere - I went and downloaded a heap of skins and started making screenshots!

I'm hoping that eventually the addon system will allow for screenshots to be included with descriptions.
This is great! I love seeing everything visually...plus, the comparison matrix is awesome (although lacking). It would be great to have a "standard" submission form or feature list that the developers could quickly "check off" so that the true features of any skin are known.

(I am SO grateful to all the developers here and their hard work...you have inspired me to really learn php, get a basic understanding of python and mysql)
Could you add a page for "Simplicity"? I want to put screenshots up but it says I dont have the necessary permissions.
To learn more, click here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin screenshots0