Settings and library in portable
I'm using XBMC in portable mode. Now I thought that would be easy for making a backup. Just copy the directory somewhere else. Also to tweak things at another easier to use location.

However when I open the copied XBMC folder on another PC and run XBMC all settings are gone. What's happening here?
You need to run XBMC with the argument -p i.e.

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

JR
I'm doing that, always have been doing that. I installed as portable and start it with the shortcut the install created which has the "-p" added to it. There also is no trace of anything xbmc related at the location where it would keep the library if not using "-p".

I read somewhere that there is some profile feature in xbmc. Could it be that it automatically uses the win logon name and uses that for the default profile and discards that/creates new default profile when using is on another pc?
Post a debug log of it failing to find the settings. That should show what's happening.

JR
Hey I just figured out what was going wrong or rather what I was doing wrong. Ur first reply was absolutely right. I just didn't realize I was doing something different opening XBMC on the other PC (using XBMC.exe instead of a shotcut whit the -p attribute).

Kinda hitting myself for the head right now Rofl

Thanks for the help.

BTW I was just wondering if the live version has an option to install it on the HD and run the live version quickly from HD instead of disk/usb (think I read somewhere that this is possible). This because a guy on another forum was looking for a way to use a pc purely for music playback. But making the system as light as possible at the same time. I thought running the XBMC live version from HD would be a good option for him if at all possible without to much hassle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings and library in portable0