Notification Window
Hi,

I noticed that the notification event window is:

a) not working while playing a movie - I use a plugin wich pause the current media and send a notification on incoming phonecalls. The Pause is executed but I see no notification message.

b) The notification is working in the mainscreen but design wise it could be a bit more visible. Notifications are important events and currently it`s very hard to notice.

Overall: my currently preffered skin, clean look and easy navigation. Even my wife like it more as the other skins Smile
a) Which plugin are you referring too? I would have to look into it using that plugin because with the add-ons I use notifications are showing up when playing video.

b) Yes, I'm not really happy with how it is at the moment. Most ideal solution would be the skinning engine getting support for text outlines.

Cheers,
Jeroen
a) Im reffering to a tool I build wich make use of the eventserver to display notifications. It`s a little Windows tool connecting to my home PBX (fritzbox) reading the live log and triggers pause + notification on XBMC as soon as a call comes in. More infos on the Tool Page

b) Maybe a other position ? On the default XBMC skin they put the notifications in a kind of "window" centered on the screen. I think this is ok because notifications normaly happens only on important events. Alternatively how a bout a "fly in" from the right docked to the right edge centered vertically with a silver background ? Like this: http://min.us/mveLk11

best regards
solariz Wrote:a) Im reffering to a tool I build wich make use of the eventserver to display notifications. It`s a little Windows tool connecting to my home PBX (fritzbox) reading the live log and triggers pause + notification on XBMC as soon as a call comes in. More infos on the Tool Page
Allright, I won't be able to test that out I guess. I'll test it with the Android remote app, that will also show incoming calls and messages in XBMC. Haven't used it in a while, but it used to work when watching. Anyway, I'll check that again.

Quote:b) Maybe a other position ? On the default XBMC skin they put the notifications in a kind of "window" centered on the screen. I think this is ok because notifications normaly happens only on important events. Alternatively how a bout a "fly in" from the right docked to the right edge centered vertically with a silver background ? Like this: http://min.us/mveLk11
I would like something like that. The problem however is that the xml that contains the code for notifications is evaluated on first load only. What that means is that whatever is loaded upon getting the notification will remain visible when you change to a different screen (in this case exiting the fullscreen video). So putting the notification in a different position or putting a window frame around it when loaded from the fullscreen video will stick when exiting the fullscreen video. In other words..hard to do right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Notification Window0