iTunes TV Shows in Library View
I've just completed ripping 3tb of DVD's and TV Shows saved in iTunes file structure onto a NAS and of all the solutions of viewing them, XBMC looks to be by far the best. I'm very new to XBMC, and have been searching the forums for a solution to viewing iTunes tv show files within the library view. I've attempted editing the 'advancedsettings.xml' file, but had no luck.

does anyone have a pre edited advancedsettings.xml file, or able to post the code to be copied and pasted into a new file?

The file structure is show/season no/epno name.m4v

I understand that it is possible to rename the files, and change the file structure, but multiple users in the house use apple TV's, ipods, and iTunes for streaming media through airport expresses, so I need to leave the structure in tact.

Thanks for any help
Try this one:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching>
        <regexp>(?i)[/\\]season[^\w]?(\d{1,2})[^\d]*[/\\](\d\d?)[^\w]([^/\\]*)</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Pulled from here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614

Set the content to TV shows on TV:
TV/Dexter/Season 2/05 The Dark Defender.mp4
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I ust wanted to say thanks, because that worked great for me.
Just an FYI, if you copy the code above exactly as it is, it will be the only show matching done. This will override all the built in XBMC parsing. To add it you need to use:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="append">
    <regexp>(?i)[/\\]season[^\w]?(\d{1,2})[^\d]*[/\\](\d\d?)[^\w]([^/\\]*)</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
That will allow XBMC to try and parse the show before using this regex. If you want to have XBMC try this one first, use action="prepend" instead.
I name everything the same way using iTunes formatting, but I'll setup the prepend just in case.

Thanks.
Gents,

I have such a similar problem that you'll probably be able to assist in two seconds. I also use the default iTunes structure to manage my media. The only difference between my structure and bigbully (not sure why it is different), is that my filename has both season number and episode number.

Structure: Show/Season seasonno/seasonno-epno EpisodeName.m4v
Example: The Simpsons/Season 1/1-02 Bart the Genius.m4v

SeasonNo in the filename has no leading zeroes, while episodeNo always does.

I have no understanding of RegExp. Can someone help make the minor modification necessary to make this work?

Thanks!
Rick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes TV Shows in Library View0