[Download] Alaska Revisited - Themes and Backgrounds
Is it just me or does the Edit RSS Feed dialog box just have buttons and no text? I tried various themes and the display seems to be always the same. I understood at one time it did't work and you had to edit the file manually, but I thought it was fixed in Dharma.
One more question, Hitcher, if I have completed a theme what files do you want exactly? Is it the .xml and the .xbt or do you want the actual .png files?
I have just completed a theme and wanted some feedback. In linux the CarbonMesh.xbt file goes in home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/media. The .xml files go in home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/colors. I am not sure how the default color will look because one of my TV's has an issue with bright yellow and the picture blooms in the upper right corner, the rest look ok. I think the title font color on the blue is a bit dull but don't know where I want it to go exactly. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Files:

Carbon Mesh texture file

Carbon Mesh color xml
Carbon Mesh red color xml
Carbon Mesh green color xml
Carbon Mesh blue color xml

You will need to download each of these files and place them in the proper directories for your installation of xbmc. Please note that because of the way xbmc updates repository items, if you put these files in the proper directory and then you update the skin, the files will be deleted.

Here are a few screen shots:

WheresWaldo Wrote:I have just completed a theme and wanted some feedback. In linux the CarbonMesh.xbt file goes in home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/media. The .xml files go in home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/colors. I am not sure how the default color will look because one of my TV's has an issue with bright yellow and the picture blooms in the upper right corner, the rest look ok. I think the title font color on the blue is a bit dull but don't know where I want it to go exactly. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Love the theme, great job! Just a couple of things that I noticed.

1) In MusicWall everything looks very washed out, theres just something I don't like about it. I've messed with the XML a bit to see if I can get it how I want it but I'm not very good. I kind of feel like maybe all the items should be focussed with the skin dark like it is.

2) In banner view, shouldn't the out of focus titles be in white like in the other views.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these things.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Love the theme, great job! Just a couple of things that I noticed.

1) In MusicWall everything looks very washed out, theres just something I don't like about it. I've messed with the XML a bit to see if I can get it how I want it but I'm not very good. I kind of feel like maybe all the items should be focussed with the skin dark like it is.

I think this is a diffusion setting I did not change any of those but will look at it tonight. No matter how I change it it doesn't behave like the other masks. What Alaska does is use musicwall_vignette.png and slides it around over the top of the music wall and there seems to be no separate setting for this file. MusicWallDiffuse affects the diffusion of the album covers but not the vignette mask.

Quote:2) In banner view, shouldn't the out of focus titles be in white like in the other views.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these things.
Bug in Alaska.Revisited code, in Viewtype_Banner.xml line 32

is:
Code:
[color=Red]<textcolor>ListTrackF</textcolor>[/color]
should be:
Code:
[color=SeaGreen]<textcolor>ListTrackNF</textcolor>[/color]
After more investigation it appears that you can control the musicwall_vignette.png, but it affects other things. Alaska.Revisited reuses "DialogBackgroundColour" when displaying the music wall. Changing it to be darker affects too many other things.

I will ask Hitcher to add another color name maybe something like "MusicWallVignetteColour" it would only require 1 line change in Viewtype_MusicWall.xml (line 188 in the current release) and 1 line addition in Default.xml under the section <!-- Diffuse colour of non-focused items -->. If this is done then there can be much more control of how the wall looks, both lighter or darker or ignored completely.
I've made the above changes to 2.4.9.

Hope it helps you guys out.
Amazing work, congratulations Shocked

Possibility of removing the white fog light And having a full color view?

Greetings
PatOso Wrote:Amazing work, congratulations Shocked

Possibility of removing the white fog light And having a full color view?

Greetings

Yep, just waiting on someone to do it. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:Yep, just waiting on someone to do it. Wink

Sounds like a challenge, to me!!!
DurhamDev Wrote:Sounds like a challenge, to me!!!

easy peasy, now you should be able to make the musicwall_vignette completely transparent. you could try using 00FFFFF as the MusicWallVignetteColour. I would try it but I am stuck encoding a BR while trying to edit 10427 mp3 files.

Edit: It works, and you need to change MusicWallDiffuse to FFFFFFFF.
This is my theme inspired by/partially based on the other gold themes by WheresWaldo & DurhamDev.

I have redone the wall arrows, watched/new indicators and scroll dot to match the colour theme. Made banners square to match the new list info view and gotten rid of the default studio logo because it annoys me.

Theme File: FuryGold.xbt
Colour File: FuryGold.xml

hey!
have a problem with the icon sets 1 and 2.
if i choose them i still have the original alaska icons....i can´t change them

can anybody help me?
Are you sure you aren't using Custom Icons?
Thanks for the FuryGold skin. Looks sexy! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Download] Alaska Revisited - Themes and Backgrounds0