[Download] Alaska Revisited - Themes and Backgrounds
PatOso Wrote:Possibility of removing the white fog light And having a full color view?

Surprisingly easy, surprisingly not good looking. Here's why. I changed a couple of settings in an XML to make the background fully visible. The problem is, when I panned through my movie collection in poster view, the background was so crisp and clear, that the text telling me what movie I was looking at was obscured - sometimes heavily.

For example, I used my present "Durham Dark Gold" theme, and panned through movies such as "Saw", which has a very white background. The gold now fails to show up much at all, and at best, it's near impossible to read.

I think this might be better suited for certain views, or maybe if somebody wants to throw some backgrounds behind all of the text, then it might work better.

Now, if you really, really, really want it - I'll tell you what to edit:

Code:
<color name="FanartDiffuse">FFFFFFFF</color> <!-- Fullscreen Fanart background colour and transparency-->
    <color name="PicturesDiffuse">FFFFFFFF</color> <!-- Fullscreen Picture background colour and transparency-->

Change the above to "FFFFFFFF", and you'll get 100% saturation. You know what this DOES look good in? TV Shows in Logo View. It's very reminiscent of Aeon. It's not bad - just not perfect for all views.
There are some damn sexy themes in here! Awesome Big Grin
This already happens on home icon to match some color themes, text is not.
This is more complicated than it seems to work well in all views.
Otherwise, an icon home as there are no submenus,
how to get to genre, added last, year etc, etc?.Huh
Hitcher Wrote:Are you sure you aren't using Custom Icons?

i haven´t customised anything.

just installed dharma , then hitcher´s repo -> alaska revisited

no icon-change :-(

this is what happens, when i choose icon set 1:
mischga Wrote:i haven´t customised anything.

just installed dharma , then hitcher´s repo -> alaska revisited

no icon-change :-(

this is what happens, when i choose icon set 1:

You're using the generic home view. You need to go to your advanced settings (one icon to the right) and choose the "Icon View". This changes those background squares to the icons.
i am so fucking stupid....

you made my day!
PatOso Wrote:This already happens on home icon to match some color themes, text is not.
This is more complicated than it seems to work well in all views.
Otherwise, an icon home as there are no submenus,
how to get to genre, added last, year etc, etc?.Huh

Sorry but I'm not sure what your first two questions mean.

As for the last one, use 'Disable Flattening of Library directories' so you can see these levels when you press 'back' from Movies, TV Shows and Music.
Hitcher, you seem to have added my theme to the release but not the colour xml.
Sorry, I was testing it and left it in there.

I'll need the textures if I'm to get this on the official repo though.
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, I was testing it and left it in there.

I'll need the textures if I'm to get this on the official repo though.

Is there a deadline for this? I might get around to doing the colours for some the other stuff in the next few days.
No great rush, they're waiting to fix the skin update bug before getting skins added again, but as soon as that's done I'd like to have everything ready as they like to wait at least a week between skins updates.

Looks sweet, I'm definitely going to give that one a try! Smile
I love it! (Is it possible to flatten and lower the cover flow?)

Wink

I know... Sooo many asks.

Laugh
DurhamDev Wrote:I love it! (Is it possible to flatten and lower the cover flow?)

No, although the animation between the two is very nice I try and keep the code as light as possible. Plus there's plenty of Poster views in AR as it is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Download] Alaska Revisited - Themes and Backgrounds0