Asrock Live install PCM sound gone again! - asound.rc?
Hardware : ASROCK A330
connected via optical cable to receiver.

Software : XBMC Live 10.0 installed to HDD

Problem : There was no problem for the last 3 weeks, then suddenly the PCM audio stopped working. No mp3 audio from avi files, or soundfx in menus.

AC3, AAC & DTS audio are all fine.

In Audio Mixer the IEC958 is not available. That is it is listed, but there is no slider. The slider was there when I first installed to HDD as I had to unmute it to get PCM sound. No here we are 3 weeks after install, and IEC958 slider has disappeared. The mute button is still there, just not the volume slider.

This has been a recurring problem with my ASROCK ION setting, and a similar thing would happen in previous versions of XBMC. I never fully figured it out. I've just had to reinstalled XBMC many times :-(

Any ideas on how to solve this PCM sound problem? Do I need to create an asound.rc file? Did such a file exist and somehow get deleted after 3 weeks?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
OK - the PCM & Menus sounds are back (for now). Here is what I did.

I found a forum thread for Ubuntu GUI, but took the code for the asound.conf file and created it on the desktop of my laptop. I then used WinSCP to transfer the file from the desktop to my home directory.

Then I used puTTy and did a sudo cp /home/myname/asound.conf /etc/asound.conf

In the XBMC audio mixer the IEC958 still has no slider, but there was another entry (PCM,0) that I slid to 100%. Audio now working for PCM files.

Questions is - will this solution continue to work, and for how long?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock Live install PCM sound gone again! - asound.rc?0